Battle ESET Smart Security 9 vs Kaspersky Internet Security 2016 for Win 10 64bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

THpubs

Level 1
Thread author
Nov 2, 2015
Earlier I was using Bitdefender and thought Bitdefender was the number 1 and Kaspersky is the number 2. But After coming to this forum I realized that the reality is completely different! Some products have trouble working with Windows 10, some have trouble protecting 64bit systems. I did some digging and settled with two products. Kaspersky and ESET. Im using a Windows 10 64 bit system. What product might be the best for such a setup?

Reactions: Maxxx58

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
For purely protection basis you may go to ESET SS 9 as you can tweak the HIPS for protection and their Sandbox (Banking) + so far the architecture (x64) isn't affected from performance.

KIS 2016 is a promising suite, however until now limited components working from prevention due to Windows 10 environment which the developers make a note to fix those issues; but overall a balance concept where you can tweak more from numerous components.

Somehow the system impact tends to be consistent as light for ESET than Kaspersky.

Still brace yourself to see those possible unique characteristics.

Reactions: Maxxx58 and XhenEd

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Both provide excellent protection however I think Kaspersky is a bit ahead of ESET in terms of protection
Both are feature packed suites however IMO the scales are tipped towards Kaspersky on this one
KIS 2016 is lighter than its predecessors however ESS 9 wins this one.If you have decent system specs either one is good.
ESS 9 wins user friendliness however I like both interfaces. I prefer KIS 2016.
Of course I am basing user friendliness on those who are average users.
Both ESS 9 & KIS 2016 are not without issues.I am sure these will be fixed in future version updates.
Like it has been said KIS 2016 has some issues on Windows 10 with some components
I have found a couple problems with ESS 9 also.The biggest being problems with internet connections both after install and after uninstall.
This has always been a tough choice between these 2 suites but right now my vote would go to KIS 2016

omidomi

Level 71
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 5, 2014
Both provide excellent protection however I think Kaspersky is a bit ahead of ESET in terms of protection
Both are feature packed suites however IMO the scales are tipped towards Kaspersky on this one
KIS 2016 is lighter than its predecessors however ESS 9 wins this one.If you have decent system specs either one is good.
ESS 9 wins user friendliness however I like both interfaces. I prefer KIS 2016.
Of course I am basing user friendliness on those who are average users.
Both ESS 9 & KIS 2016 are not without issues.I am sure these will be fixed in future version updates.
Like it has been said KIS 2016 has some issues on Windows 10 with some components
I have found a couple problems with ESS 9 also.The biggest being problems with internet connections both after install and after uninstall.
This has always been a tough choice between these 2 suites but right now my vote would go to KIS 2016
me also, when i install and uninstall EIS i lost my internet :(
i use win8.1 64Bit :D
but Kaspersky work fine :)

Reactions: XhenEd

Tani

Level 9
Verified
Nov 25, 2014
Was using eset 9 but just got kaspersky license so going to try it :)
Sor far: Satisfied with ESET, no lags no resource over-usage, I even don't feel like I'm having an anti virus on my laptop it's that much light.

Reactions: XhenEd and omidomi

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I have looked into the ESET forum. It appears many users are reporting issues with version 9.
The ESS 9 Beta version was a nightmare to uninstall. It required using the ESET Uninstaller Tool.This tool however is run in a command prompt in safe mode and will remove your net adapter drivers.Backup solution provided for this does not work as they state.
The stable version causes problems with connectivity depending on what network you choose.If you choose public network then you will have problems.Even after uninstall you will find the ESET Firewall still listed in network Ethernet/WiFi properties.So this has to be removed also.These connectivity issues,at least for me,are experienced on Windows 10.It seems to be running fine on Windows 7.
Version 8 still runs on both Windows 7 & 10 without any of these issues.
I have not had any issues running KIS 2016,Avast Internet Security 2016 or EIS 10 on Windows 7 & 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.