New Update Microsoft releases KB5034843 update for Windows 10

vtqhtr413

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2017
Continuing to prove that it has not forgotten about Windows 10, Microsoft has released the KB5034843 update. It not only addresses a number of issues, but also adds new features to the operating system.

The most significant change to be found in this update is the ability to share web links to a number of social platforms directly. There is also the promise that expanded support is on the horizon.

In the release notes for the KB5034843 update, Microsoft explains the sharing changes: "Using Windows share, you can now directly share URLs to apps like WhatsApp, Gmail, Facebook, and LinkedIn. Sharing to X (formerly Twitter) is coming soon".

The company also highlights changes to game installations and Windows Backup. This is a non-security update, but it includes a number of fixes for myriad problems:
  • This update addresses an issue that affects Azure Virtual Desktop sessions. There are delays when you sign in.
  • This update addresses an issue that affects Azure Virtual Desktop virtual machines. At random, they restart. This occurs because of an access violation in lsass.exe.
  • This update addresses an issue that affects Windows Hello for Business. You cannot use it to authenticate to Microsoft Entra ID on certain apps. This occurs when you use Web Access Management (WAM).
  • This update addresses an issue that affects Microsoft Edge. The UI is wrong for Internet Options Data Settings.
  • This update addresses an issue that affects the Japanese Input Method Editor (IME). It fails to work for custom desktops.
  • This update addresses an issue that affects Remote Desktop Web Authentication. You might not be able to connect to sovereign cloud endpoints.
You can obtain the KB5034843 update by checking for optional updates, or by downloading it directly from the Microsoft Update Catalog.

B-boy/StyLe/

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Mar 10, 2023
Yeah, this seems to contain the fixes from the KB5034763 as well. KB5034763 is no longer offered to me via WU, even when I unhid it. It's also not applicable to my PC when I was trying to install it manually to see if they fixed the taskbar issues.

But then I've noticed that he was replaced by KB5034843

So no more issues with the taskbar for me after installing it. Great. I thought they will release it during the March Patch Tuesday.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.