Battle ESET Smart Security 9 VS Kaspersky Internet Security 2016?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jrs30

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
Which one is the best ?
better detection
Less false positives
Worth less in the system

I bought a license for ESET Smart Security 9, apparently Antivirus is excellent, very saw videos of comparisons with other antivirus, and it pleased me a lot, both in the interface and usability!
I was in doubt of which pay a license, get me out of this doubt, what do you think best?
Thank you!
I hope you understand my question!
I used Google Translate, I'm from Brazil. :D
Thank you again! :)

safe1st

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 29, 2016
If I'm allowed to intrude, I was contacted by Kaspersky earlier today and they seem to find the issue demonstrated in the video to be significant enough to make some changes (thank God). It took Qihoo about 7 days to recode, so I guess we will see how quick K is...

awesome! that good news

cutting_edgetech

Level 3
Verified
Feb 14, 2013
If I'm allowed to intrude, I was contacted by Kaspersky earlier today and they seem to find the issue demonstrated in the video to be significant enough to make some changes (thank God). It took Qihoo about 7 days to recode, so I guess we will see how quick K is...
It took Kaspersky for ever to detect that Crypto-Malware sample at boot time! It was way too late of course since the sample had already encrypted all the user's files. I think that should have been the easiest sample to detect from what I have seen from your other test. I was pretty sure Eset would do well to protect the System early during boot time. Eset loads early, and scans all startup items right away. Thanks for confirming Eset's ability to protect the System early during boot time. Thank you for all your test! There needs to be more testers use your testing methods.

Reactions: Nightwalker

safe1st

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 29, 2016
It took Kaspersky for ever to detect that Crypto-Malware sample at boot time! It was way too late of course since the sample had already encrypted all the user's files. I think that should have been the easiest sample to detect from what I have seen from your other test. I was pretty sure Eset would do well to protect the System early during boot time. Eset loads early, and scans all startup items right away. Thanks for confirming Eset's ability to protect the System early during boot time. Thank you for all your test! There needs to be more testers use your testing methods.

Eset is awesome.. I like it, also very light on system ;)

shukla44

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 14, 2016

My experience with kaspersky with these fixes are they do take quite bit of time (a lot of testing). Kaspersky does a priority type fixing & this does seem like a high priority so i think maybe in the next patch it will be fixed.

Reactions: harlan4096

scoob95

Level 1
Verified
Feb 1, 2016
ESET because KIS slows down everything , KIS takes infinite time to scan compressed files sometimes , takes too much CPU ,slows down other processes , loads slow at boot time

Reactions: Jrs30

Malakke

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jan 29, 2013
Both, but overall i prefer Kaspersky. Maybe ESET has better detection, especially on PUA side, but Kaspersky has a far better firewall and HIPS, better compatibility and it's less buggy in Windows 10. In my PC KIS is smoother than ESET. I use KIS in my desktop PC (multiuser), and ESET in my laptop (one user).

Reactions: Jrs30
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.