Battle Eset Smart Security (Final) VS Kaspersky IS 2013 (Final) (Closed by OP,do not reply)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Payback

Thread author
Verified
Jan 7, 2013
Hello people,I hope you are enjoying your day

So,Is KIS worthy to buy when I have ESS and many other security softwares (Feel free to ask the 'softwares')?

My browsing habbits : Visit forums like this one (very frequently)
Download pirated softwares (rarely)
Watch adult movies (sometimes,not frequently)
Go to YouTube (sometimes)
Download softwares
Not a gamer

Better protection than Eset Smart Security (Including HIPS,firewall,web-guard,behavior blocker,real time protection.)

I would NOT mind if KIS does this :

Slower than Eset (I will remove some of my security add-ons for Firefox for making it a little bit of faster)

Slower scanning time

Higher (medium,not high) performance impact

Database size higher (or more patches than Eset)

Thank you for your time

- Payback

D

Deleted member 178

RE: Eset Smart Security (Final) VS Kaspersky IS 2013 (Final)

With the details you gave us, KIS will fit you to you but as you said you have already ESET; so if i was you i will keep ESET and learn how to maximize its protection.

so what are the others softwares?

P

Plexx

Do a search. There have been threads discussing both ESET and Kaspersky. Do we really more new threads like this?

Answers are pretty much summed up on several threads (even if its Kaspersky vs X or ESET vs Y).

Last but not least, performance and protection is mentioned here.

Payback

Thread author
Verified
Jan 7, 2013

Umbra Corp. said:
With the details you gave us, KIS will fit you to you but as you said you have already ESET; so if i was you i will keep ESET and learn how to maximize its protection.

so what are the others softwares?

They are : Norton Power Eraser
Comodo Cleaning Essentials
Kaspersky TDSS killer
GMER
AdwCleaner
R-Kill
and security add-ons for firefox :
VirusTotal
MyWot
Ad-block Plus
LiteFox
DoNotTrackMe
MaskMe
DeleteMe
BrowserProtect
Ad-block plus Pop-up Addon

Thank you,Umbra

Payback

Thread author
Verified
Jan 7, 2013

Biozfear said:
Do a search. There have been threads discussing both ESET and Kaspersky. Do we really more new threads like this?

Answers are pretty much summed up on several threads (even if its Kaspersky vs X or ESET vs Y).

Last but not least, performance and protection is mentioned here.

Yes I know about that topic,I've seen it. But,it may a bit annoying for you,but their and my browser habits,security-awareness,on-demand scanners can be different,so I would not rather trust one's answer for mine.

Edit : Also,I forgot about MalwareBytes anti-malware,Toolwiz Time-Freeze,Hitman Pro,Shadow Defender,Comodo Secure DNS,Ice Dragon (Rarely use Ice-Dragon)

P

Plexx

Payback said:
Yes I know about that topic,I've seen it. But,it may a bit annoying for you,but their and my browser habits,security-awareness,on-demand scanners can be different,so I would not rather trust one's answer for mine.

It will still bring you the same exact answers, in case you have not realized.

Kaspersky users will say Kaspersky, ESET will say ESET and the list will go on.

Posting your browsing habits and security awareness will not really change any answer that has been scattered around the War Room.

The only way to have a unique answer is you testing it yourself and make your own decision.

Payback

Thread author
Verified
Jan 7, 2013

I guess...I'll test it myself,thank you guys for your help. Topic Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.