Not open for further replies.

NikolayfromRussia

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Jul 3, 2014
Hi @NikolayfromRussia,
:)
I want to install I install Eset Smart Security,but heard it has problems uninstalling,can you offer me some advice?

Hi,

I never had any problems with eset smart including uninstalling it. I use eset for many years and don't want to change it for any other a. products. I advise you to install it and you won't be disappointed with it.
Welcome to eset fanboy group :)

Reactions: Ulikedat and Kent

Kent

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Nov 4, 2013
Hi,

I never had any problems with eset smart including uninstalling it. I use eset for many years and don't want to change it for any other a. products. I advise you to install it and you won't be disappointed with it.
Welcome to eset fanboy group :)
Thanks a lot :) ,The licence will be also valid which I got for Eset Nod ?

Reactions: Ulikedat

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
kent if you have problem uninstalling eset you should try revo uninstaller pro.it helped me before to completely uninstall eset i think you will be more than happy with it;)

Reactions: Kent and Ulikedat

MrOnline

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Sep 30, 2014
ESET is better, and there are no difficulties uninstalling it.

Use Revo or just Control Panel normal deinstall and then clean with CCleaner

Reactions: Kent

Paul.R

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
May 16, 2013
I vote ESET for:

- good detection
- very good pup detection
- personalization settings(default settings are also very good)
- good 0-day protection
- also you have Anti-Theft
- very light

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
My Friends I have been watching this thread for a while, and i have seen some providing real reasons and some just a fanboy replies as @Huracan stated.
Let me state mine!
Why do you want to compare these two products?(well i can see the reasons for that also, i dont want any answers!)

Well
i will just make the decision easy for you.

>>First If you have already tried both the products and if you like both the same way then i would recommend you to choose it by means of its price if you are above to purchase it.

ESET SS Price costs around $59 US Dollar for one year subscription.

Capture.PNG

Whereas Avast Premier Costs you about $49 US Dollars for one year subscription.

Capture.PNG

>>Secondly if you want to compare both the features, then i will provide some basic details.
There are quiet amazing features which you would really like to opt in both the products.

ESET has its own unique features for the Smart Security Version. I have Highlighted the features.

Capture2.jpg

Avast also has some reputed features for less amount of penny.
Capture1.PNG
Capture3.jpg

With this you may choose whats needed for you.

My Minor Brief Review
☻If you are using a laptop and you often take it on a picnic , ESET SS is a good choice as it has a inbuilt Antitheft protection if you accidentally loose your PC.

☻ESET also comes with unique Social media Scanner with which you can configure the Popular social network sites.

☻ESET has HIPS(Host-based Intrusion Prevention System)

☻ESET is also capable of blocking PUP's which is a must have feature for any security suit. ESET is one of unique product which owns it. Avast also have this feature i guess.

☻I haven't used Avast till now in my 5 years of PC usage experience. I have been seeing good reviews for its detection and behavior in a PC.
☻Avast has File Shredder and Automatic Software Updater which is not necessary for one's PC.

My Personal Recommendation is for you to choose is ESET SS as it has caught lot of users for its remarkable level of protection and system responsiveness which u may not find in any other product.

I'm Not forcing u to opt ESET, I'm Just Suggesting U ! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.