Not open for further replies.

Lailson

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 3, 2014
Eset course :)
Both with similar detection and good internet filter, a little better in my view to Eset. 4 x 2 for Eset.
Eset has much prettier interface (I hate avira interface, extremely outdated and ugly) Point to Eset
Pups = Point Detection for Eset
Malware check = Point to avira, Eset looks fast, not so much more as avira, at least for me.
Proactive Defense = both are terrible
Support: I've never used
Performance: Eset For me, no doubt
Eset 6 x 3
This is my opinion#

Last edited:

Terry Ganzi

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2014
Eset course :)
Both with similar detection and good internet filter, a little better in my view to Eset. 4 x 2 for Eset.
Eset has much prettier interface (I hate avira interface, extremely outdated and ugly) Point to Eset
Pups = Point Detection for Eset
Malware check = Point to avira, Eset looks fast, not so much more as avira, at least for me.
Proactive Defense = both are terrible
Support: I've never used
Perfomance: Eset For me, no doubt
Eset 6 x 3
This is my opinion#

You is the first person i ever heard speak the truth about eset Proactive Defense,man i have so much respect for you from today onward
real thing iyah:)

ismethere

Level 8
Verified
May 9, 2014
till now no other virus guards has simplicity, low resources, reliable and secure..
no invincible just ESET no other else. my vote to ESET (ESS).
i'm so excited, no other AV that care to your Windows update..
once again just ESET cares this. edit..
eset.png

Last edited:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Avira have improved their free product, adding features that were exclusive to their Premium Antivirus and Suite. Users now have the Avira Protection Cloud, integration with Windows Firewall and no more toolbars. They've cleaned up a lot, and creating browser extensions that people actually may want to use such as, Avira Browser Safety.

The Free AV, no longer contains the paid-product advertisement nag screen, no Ask Toolbar for Web Protection.

ESET NOD32 is a good AV, but considering I don't buy software unless absolutely necessary, I think Avira Free Antivirus is a very good solution.

ESET's Online Scanner is suitable as an on-demand scanner, and as a bonus it is free.
upload_2014-5-30_12-57-12.png

http://malwaretips.com/threads/eset-online-scanner-review.6076/

Therefore, Avira Free gets my vote. Cheers.

Edit: With Avira's Online Essential package (optional), if you sign up you get Avira Online Backup, that provides 5GB of Free Online Store. Additionally, if you own an Android or iOS device you can use Avira Mobile Security for AV and Anti-Theft protection. Also linked to your Avira Online Essentials account.

ESET also has an online account for Anti-Theft (ESS only) and Social Media Scanner that can be linked to scan your Facebook and / or Twitter profiles.

zfactor

Level 1
Jun 4, 2014
honestly i choose eset but this was tough because they are 2 of my favorites. i will say i like both gui's but i do prefer eset's. as far as how light they are honestly while eset is for sure one of the lighteset av's its not as light as it used to be it is a bit lighter than avira. it does stay out of the way and is usually pretty good but it does slow down certain things more so than avira. overall yes i would say its lighter than avira. support eset wins here. sig detection is tough i think avira does a hair better job but has more fp's normally. with pup's eset is awesome avira not as much. cleaning ill have to give the edge to eset there.

they are both very good and have each their good and bad. as far as the better overall product id have to go with eset.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.