Super Moderator
Staff member
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Emsisoft
Full article
Machine learning by ESET: The road to Augur

At ESET we love ancient history – the company is named after an Egyptian goddess after all – so that was naturally the place we looked for when it came to naming our machine learning engine. In Ancient Rome, Augur was a term used for religious officials who observed natural signs and interpreted these as an indication of divine approval or disapproval of a proposed action. The analogy with cybersecurity is not hard to draw, but in contrast with the alchemy-natured augurs back then, our Augur bases its decisions on science, mathematics and previous experience.

OS
Windows 8.1
Antivirus
Kaspersky
So, it's already included in ESET's products? or how can see it in action? it's a detection name maybe? for example as far as I know norton use machine learning on some detections and name it heur.adv.ml

OS
Windows 8.1
Antivirus
Kaspersky
Yeah and I think that's why fails if not catch something after a static detection. Since V7 always have failed detecting a common worm I think that spreads for USB on my region

Parsh

Level 24
Trusted
AV-Tester
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Default-Deny
That's an interesting consolidation of the algorithms and AI approaches proven to be effective till now. No doubt that explains their powerful detection.
@Huchim they have been using ML techniques since years and this seems to be their new AI project or a rebranding of their project, implementing the best of Deep Learning and Classification algorithms they've found to be useful.
Nice share :)

Last edited: