etnguyen03's Configuration

etnguyen03

Level 1
Thread author
Aug 31, 2014
All right, I need a new antivirus. Does anybody have any recommendations? I want something free, preferably with no nag. Right now, I'm aiming on either Avast (gaming mode all the time) or Bitdefender Free. All my infections came from something else other than IE, believe it or not.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sr. Normal

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Windows 8.1 built in security is adequate as long as you exercise common sense while online
I would suggest Avast Free along with Sandboxie Free
You could add a one or two more on demand scanners
CCleaner or Privazer if not already installed and a password manager such as LastPass if you aren't using one already
Thanks for sharing your config :)

Reactions: scot and Sr. Normal

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
All right, I need a new antivirus. Does anybody have any recommendations? I want something free, with no nag. Right now, I'm aiming on either Avast (gaming mode all the time) or Bitdefender Free. All my infections came from something else other than IE, believe it or not.

No nag screen? Windows Defender no problem ;)

Considering it is a baseline protection, common viruses especially on USB attacks can protect well but if you insist on new AV then go to Avast Free, you can tweak for better prevention capabilities especially hardening mode.

S

Sr. Normal

Totally in agreement with the previous comments, you have many options free of AV with which to protect better your computer
Thank you for sharing, kind regards

Reactions: scot

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
Free antivirus with no nago_O Comodo AV or IS ( i used it and yes i didn't have any problem and it was very light on my system ) or you can use Avira free very light and good signatures.
I would like to suggest AVG free but there is always the promotion to upgrade to AVG IS:mad:.
Thanks for sharing your config:).

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.