etzio's config.

etzio

Thread author
Apr 19, 2014
Uhm, I am not sure if i should include Razer Game Booster at the category of "List of other software". Any suggestions to boost my security please share it with me, I would be really grateful. Thank you.

Reactions: Exterminator

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Hi etzio. Thank you for sharing your configuration.:)
Your UAC (User Account Control) is an important fail safe. By setting UAC set (at least) to default "Notify when programs make changes to system", you can prevent changes which might occur otherwise unnoticed. "Always notify", the maximum setting, will also include alerts set to warn before you (in addition to programs) allow changes made to the system.
To access UAC
  1. Swipe the right side of your screen.
  2. Choose search
  3. Type: UAC
  4. Select "Change User Account Control Settings"
  5. Choose either Default "Notify when programs make changes..." or you may select Maximum "Always notify...when programs or you make changes to the system"

Last edited:
Reactions: Venustus and etzio

Neno

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jan 4, 2012
You should implement some backup/image tool (O&O DiskImage - my personal choice). Revo Uninstaller is the only solution for uninstalling software you should ever use.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.