Comparison Everything vs UltraSearch

Software Comparison
49 Replies 11,861 Views

What is Your Favorite Free File Search Tool Between Everything vs UltraSearch?

  • Everything

    Votes: 33 78.6%
  • UltraSearch

    Votes: 9 21.4%

  • Total voters
    42
Thread details
Products to compare
Everything
UltraSearch
Platform(s)
  1. Windows (x86 / x64)
haven't tried Listraty yet, but looks interesting, a Pro version too $19 lifetime
I bought it, not too bad for a lifetime license. I was immediately impressed by the speed and I like the UI. Just double tap the CTRL key and it rings up a floating search bar and it searches both files and installed programs which the others don't.

Also, the developer has been very responsive to my questions when I contacted him.
 
Not a fan that Listary cannot provide .jpg thumbnail preview like Everything can. Everything is still my favorite.
 
I just tried Fluent Search, it's horrible, for example, I asked it to search for ddores.dll which is an icons files in the System32 folder, it only suggested search results from Bing, Wikipedia, Google Translate, the interface is very clunky and complicated.
 
Not a fan that Listary cannot provide .jpg thumbnail preview like Everything can. Everything is still my favorite.
I liked everything but overtime got annoyed that some security found it malicious or pua -- thinking in the back of my mind perhaps someone could hack some bad code into it. NOT saying that happened but got tired of getting alerts (false positives) about it... I don't find Ultrasearch unstable, but not as fast as everything.
 
I asked it to search for ddores.dll which is an icons files in the System32 folder, it only suggested search results from Bing, Wikipedia, Google Translate, the interface is very clunky and complicated.
By default, the software excludes the Windows directory and you can disable it . it's not common for everyone to want to search for DLL files., also you can disable the web search feature.

1742923438407.png
 
I emailed the developer about this, let's see what he says
@simmerskool @silvers @Jonny Quest

I got a reply from the developer:
First of all, please don’t worry—Listary does not collect any data about the files on your computer.

We do use a Tencent service hosted in Singapore to collect anonymous analytics data to help improve Listary. These analytics are limited to non-sensitive information such as: system memory, display DPI, and which features are used (only counts, no content or personal data).

If you prefer not to share any analytics, you can easily disable this option in Options > General.

ScreenShot00011.jpg
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top