3rd-party Firewall - Network security provided by a trusted vendor
Device Security
Windows Defender SmartScreen
User Account
Administrator - User has complete control over the device
Recent Security Issues
Not in a long time
Security Testing with Malware
Yes - Using a secure, isolated environment (ie. VM)
Real-time Web & Malware Protection
Comodo Firewall, Immunet, Syshardener, Quad9 DNS, SRP tweaks
Security Protection settings
Custom - Major changes for Better Performance
Virus and Malware Removal Tools
Zemana, HitmanPro, NPE, Emsisoft emergency kit
Browsers and Extensions
Google Chrome x64 (RAMdisk cache): ublock origin, Norton Safe Web, Notifier for Gmail, Google Translate, Violentmonkey, VTchromizer, h264ify, NanoDefender, Open link in same tab, pop-up as tab [Free], Windows Defender Browser Protection, Malwarebytes for Chrome
Web Privacy
1/ ublock origin: Steven Black's hosts, many others
Password Management
None
Default Web Search
Google, Duckduckgo
System Utilities collection
CCleaner+CCenhancer, auslogic disk defragmenter, Wise disk cleaner, Wise registry cleaner, IObit Uninstaller, Geek uninstaller, Revo Uninstaller, Syshardener, O&OShutup, WPD, utorrent pro, SumatraPDF, Foxit PhantomPDF, EagleGet, SoftPefectRAM Disk, Winrar, Everything Search Engine, Classic Shell, Run-by-Smartscreen
Personal data Backup
Dropbox, Google Drive
Intervals between Personal data backups
None
Disk Imaging Backup
Norton Ghost
Intervals between System Image backups
Occasionally
Device Specs
https://malwaretips.com/threads/rains-laptop.61841/#post-528136

Evjl's Rain

Level 35
Content Creator
Trusted
AV-Tester
OS
Windows 8.1
Antivirus
Avast
All of these configurations are designed for PERFORMANCE AND USABILITY. Security is in the second place
SRP tweaks:

All other machines' fully automated configurations (for parents and friends who don't know much about computer)
- Windows 7 Pro/Ultimate (x86, x64)
- Avast Free (tweaked)
- CheckMAL Appcheck Anti-ransomware Free
- Unchecky
- Windows Firewall
- CocCoc browser/Chrome with uBlock Origin and uBlock Origin Extra + additional security filters
- Avira Browser Safety
- Windows Updates are disabled => broke or slowed down their machines significantly in the past + they don't want W10 or W10's upgrade nags
- CCleaner + CCEnhancer -> scheduled autoclean every Sunday 6PM

None of these machines have had malwares for years. Perhaps a few PUPs which hijacked the browsers

Last edited:

Evjl's Rain

Level 35
Content Creator
Trusted
AV-Tester
OS
Windows 8.1
Antivirus
Avast
hehe CocCoc browser (Vietnamese chromium fork) :)
:D the best browser for vietnamese with built-in download accelerator + FB censorship bypassing :D
Thanks for sharing :)
I see a high security level and well-balanced, but sorry why is Windows update disabled? :)
because Windows Update broke/slowed down some of the machines and made them malfunctioned (+ some of them use cracked windows, not me :) ). It's like a malware for average users if they don't know what they are doing :D. I went to the computer repair shop last week and saw 6 people came to install W7 because they couldn't use W8.1 or 10 or they had annoying bugs (many people in my country can't speak/understand english). The computer guy also said my W10 was slow for all its power -> asked me to install W7 o_O (he was right but I knew he just wanted to get some extra $$$ for installing windows)

OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Emsisoft
:D the best browser for vietnamese with built-in download accelerator + FB censorship bypassing :D

because Windows Update broke/slowed down some of the machines and made them malfunctioned (+ some of them use cracked windows, not me :) ). It's like a malware for average users if they don't know what they are doing :D. I went to the computer repair shop last week and saw 6 people came to install W7 because they couldn't use W8.1 or 10 or they had annoying bugs (many people in my country can't speak/understand english). The computer guy also said my W10 was slow for all its power -> asked me to install W7 o_O (he was right but I knew he just wanted to get some extra $$$ for installing windows)
Yeah, for sure MS should work in better way before release some updates.
A few months ago I was blocked without being able to work because during the restart for the updates installation, the system went into loop mode.
At the end, forced shutdown :D

Umbra

Level 85
Content Creator
Trusted
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Default-Deny
The computer guy also said my W10 was slow for all its power -> asked me to install W7 o_O (he was right but I knew he just wanted to get some extra $$$ for installing windows)
Inded very common practice over there, they are very good at fixing hardware but in term of OS deployment and optimization, many are clueless :D

Evjl's Rain

Level 35
Content Creator
Trusted
AV-Tester
OS
Windows 8.1
Antivirus
Avast
With enough care, this may be the simplest yet solid protection. Awesome :)
Do you have hardened mode (and if yes, which one) in AP enabled, having VDS alongside?
yes, I have hardened mode aggressive enabled
VS in autopilot can help to catch those malwares which are missed by HM. Sometimes, HM allows some new malwares for unknown reasons

Last edited:

Evjl's Rain

Level 35
Content Creator
Trusted
AV-Tester
OS
Windows 8.1
Antivirus
Avast
probably scripts but scripts eventually download .exe in order to work, mostly

I saw HM blocked most undetected samples but slipped 1 sample => she stopped the video then
I don't know why it failed. Was the payload .exe missed by HM or did it use another kind of attack without an exe file?

Last edited: