Status
Not open for further replies.

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Trusted
How do you exclude single files in avast? I see an option for folders but not files unless I overlooked it?
 

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Trusted
That sucks, what do you do if File Shield detects a FP? so far I just turn off my protection while i'm installing the "fp" but it should have an exclude option for single files.
 

Ramblin

New Member
I haven't used Avast in a while but when I used it, there was the option to do what you want. I cant believe the option is not available now, look for it. You should be able to exclude files while scanning and by the real time shield.

If you cant figure it out how to do it, let me know, I ll find out for you.

Bo
 

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Trusted
I'm not seeing anything that will exclude a single file Bo, just folders
I'm talking about file shield btw...now the BB has an option for trusted process's but not file shield
 

Ramblin

New Member
MRF71 said:
I'm not seeing anything that will exclude a single file Bo, just folders
I'm talking about file shield btw...now the BB has an option for trusted process's but not file shield
Take a look at this picture of the file shield exclusions, it shows files as excluded. It is from a Dec 2011 thread in the Avast forum. See if the picture helps you to figure this out. If it doesn't help, I ll install Avast under TF to check it out myself. I hate installing Avast but for you, I ll make it a pleasure.




Bo
 

Ramblin

New Member
Stranger said:
Hi bo, its does except the whole folder and MRF71 wants to exclude a single file not folder
Hi Stranger, I know MRFT wants to exclude a file. Look at the bottom the picture, the user excluded file "videofixer.exe".

I am going to install Avast, I ll be back in a little while.

Bo
 

Spirit

New Member
Nopes you cannot exclude exe file from above method but only folder can be excluded,dont know how in screenshot its appearing excluding vlc.exe.

MRF71: The easiest way is to manually write the name of file you want to exlude in exclusion option.
Don't forget to write full path.
Thanks
 

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff member
Stranger said:
Nopes you cannot exclude exe file from above method but only folder can be excluded,dont know how in screenshot its appearing excluding vlc.exe.

MRF71: The easiest way is to manually write the name of file you want to exlude in exclusion option.
Don't mention to write full path.
Thanks
more or less the same as above post but maybe this will help???
Real time shields>File system shield>expert settings>Exclusions
You can manually edit the line where the path for the exception is. So, using the "browse" button, select first the folder, and then edit the resulting path and "add" to exclusions. You can also use "*" and "?".

I was able to manually add exe file to exclusion list but from the browse option you cannot as it doesnt show
 

Ramblin

New Member
My XP is an HP. Antiviruses have a thing with HPs, there are many HP files that are detected by antiviruses including KillWind.exe. Those detections are false positives. The two screenshots shows KillWind.exe being excluded during the full scan and by the File shield. Just write the path.






Bo
 

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Trusted
I never thought of that, it works thanks stranger
fyi the file is C:\Program Files\Bluetack\Blocklist Manager\Tools\ipscan.exe which is a fp
 

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Trusted
bo.elam said:
My XP is an HP. Antiviruses have a thing with HPs, there are many HP files that are detected by antiviruses including KillWind.exe. Those detections are false positives. The two screenshots shows KillWind.exe being excluded during the full scan and by the File shield. Just write the path.






Bo
Thanks all I had to copy and paste the path in exclusions and all is well :D
 
Status
Not open for further replies.