EXE Radar Pro v4 (Beta)

Kuttz

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 9, 2015
Most malware is not signed. And most signed malware is not targeting home users. Furthermore, most signed malware will drop an unsigned executable at some point in the process.
So the short answer is that it is relatively safe to "Allow all signed processes" in ERP for a home user, but even so, it is better not to tick that setting. Even better is to cut down the list of trusted vendors to the ones that you really need.
But again, it's all a matter of how "paranoid" you want to be.

Good answer. Since there is no definite rule were one can surely say that this is the best or worst because each person good and bad differs and I was looking for a hybrid, hand in hand AV and default deny protection approach thereby the system is neither too restrictive like lock down configurations nor all default allow which is the case of AV.

I too have a similar opinion that it is relatively safe to "Allow all signed processes". By doing that helps to reduce prompts considerably and in case that rare signed malware appear you need to trust your AV to do its job which is infinitely better than all default allow approach. What prompts will be the execution of unsigned file which must be dealt with out most caution anyway.

Reactions: shmu26

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Apr 27, 2018
i tried the released version 3 & it wouldn't even install on my win10 pro 1809.

currently trying the Beta 4, but none of the quick links to system tools (1 example) are even there.

is this issue just limited to me?

Im still not sure if ERP is better/more secure than VoodooShield, have these 2 been compared by malware analyists lately?

Reactions: Handsome Recluse

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
i tried the released version 3 & it wouldn't even install on my win10 pro 1809.

currently trying the Beta 4, but none of the quick links to system tools (1 example) are even there.

is this issue just limited to me?

Im still not sure if ERP is better/more secure than VoodooShield, have these 2 been compared by malware analyists lately?
Version 3 is very old, it is good for Windows 8.1 and lower.
I never tried the quick links, I don't need them. They are not a core functionality of the program.
If you prefer VoodooShield, go for it. Both will protect your system well.
Many advanced users prefer ERP because it is more customizable, and is a pure anti-exe program, as opposed to Voodoo, which is anti-exe + anti-exploit + file reputation + Ai.

Reactions: Handsome Recluse

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Apr 27, 2018
Its probably overkill but im trying:

Hitman Pro.Alert
AdGuard Premium
NVT ERP 4 Beta (Trial)
Shadow Defender

All whilst under a VPN / NVT Sys Hardender / Black Viper

(Who likes Shields? lol)

Attachments

• New Bitmap Image.png
    New Bitmap Image.png
    3.6 MB · Views: 893
Reactions: harlan4096

NoVirusThanks

From NoVirusThanks
Thread author
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Aug 23, 2012
Here is a new v4.0 (pre-release) test32:
https://downloads.novirusthanks.org/files/exe_radar_pro_4_setup_test32.exe

*** Please do not share the download link, we will delete it when we'll release the official v4 ***

Build 32

+ Fixed: The display of the notification dialog when a process is blocked on users that have the sidebar on top, left or right
+ Fixed: After enabling of "Password Protect Power Options" and entering of a wrong password, the "enter password"-dialog should re-appear so the user can enter the password again
+ Fixed: Support for the ESC-key in the "Enter Password"-dialog (= "ESC" dismisses the password-dialog... the same as a click on "Cancel" or "Alt+F4")
+ Fixed: The password-dialog doesn't need to be displayed if the protection mode "isn't actually changed"
+ Fixed: When Right Clicking on the Icon (in the Taskbar) and then selecting Exit, in the Confirm Exit Dialog, the active button is default set to "YES", maybe change it to "NO", so you don't accidentally exit the program
+ Fixed: Add a "Reset Password"-button (hold down CTRL + ALT + SHIFT when you right-click the ERP tray menu to pull up the menu)
+ Added new signers to default list of Trusted Vendors List
+ Minor fixes and improvements

* About the new signers added to Trusted Vendors List:
* Many users have sent us lists of signers extracted from their PCs, so we added most of them to the list, excluding Nir Sofer, TeamViewer, Ask Toolbar, MS-signatures, etc.
* If you find some signers that you think should not be listed there, just let me know.
* All these signers (1000+) should help in reducing alerts.

To install it, first uninstall the previous build, then reboot (not really needed but may help), and install the new build.

Let me know if you find any issue or FPs with this new beta build.

vaccineboy

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Sep 5, 2018
Here is a new v4.0 (pre-release) test32:
https://downloads.novirusthanks.org/files/exe_radar_pro_4_setup_test32.exe

* Please do not share the download link, we will delete it when we'll release the official v4 *

Build 32

• Fixed: The display of the notification dialog when a process is blocked on users that have the sidebar on top, left or right
  • Fixed: After enabling of "Password Protect Power Options" and entering of a wrong password, the "enter password"-dialog should re-appear so the user can enter the password again
  • Fixed: Support for the ESC-key in the "Enter Password"-dialog (= "ESC" dismisses the password-dialog... the same as a click on "Cancel" or "Alt+F4")
  • Fixed: The password-dialog doesn't need to be displayed if the protection mode "isn't actually changed"
  • Fixed: When Right Clicking on the Icon (in the Taskbar) and then selecting Exit, in the Confirm Exit Dialog, the active button is default set to "YES", maybe change it to "NO", so you don't accidentally exit the program
  • Fixed: Add a "Reset Password"-button (hold down CTRL + ALT + SHIFT when you right-click the ERP tray menu to pull up the menu)
  • Added new signers to default list of Trusted Vendors List
  • Minor fixes and improvements

• About the new signers added to Trusted Vendors List:
  • Many users have sent us lists of signers extracted from their PCs, so we added most of them to the list, excluding Nir Sofer, TeamViewer, Ask Toolbar, MS-signatures, etc.
  • If you find some signers that you think should not be listed there, just let me know.
  • All these signers (1000+) should help in reducing alerts.

To install it, first uninstall the previous build, then reboot (not really needed but may help), and install the new build.

Let me know if you find any issue or FPs with this new beta build.
Hi @NoVirusThanks , any plan to release the final build?

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Version 4 has been in Beta for more than one year. I wonder when will the final build be released.
A few days after Andreas releases the "final" version for a product, he puts out a new beta. That's just his working style. A solid beta version from Andreas is more stable than a "final" version from a lot of other devs. That doesn't mean every beta he puts out is solid, but very many of them are. You can usually tell by the user comments on the other forum.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.