ExoGen CyberSecurity - Security Configuration

ExoGen CyberSecurity

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Sep 17, 2016
Personally using Zemana AntiMalware is an overkill. I don't really need anything then Comodo, the way it's configured I don't have any issues. A year ago I installed a PUP with an app, I clicked Next -> Next -> Next without looking and I removed using AdwCleaner, that's why I still have it, just in case.

Even with Comodo I don't scan for malware only once a few months. What I do is, I do a Rating Scan to lookup my files and sync it with the cloud (same thing what KillSwitch does).

ExoGen CyberSecurity

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Sep 17, 2016
In your introduction you list your OS as Linux, is this config listed above a windows OS within a virtual
environment ? If not i'm confused.
Thanks for sharing and welcome.

I love Arch, I'm using Manjaro KDE on my laptop. Manjaro is really easy and you install what you need, it also has amazing community, any bug is fixed really fast.

Manjaro has a built-in tool that detects and updates what drivers you need, this makes my life really easy.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
I love Arch, I'm using Manjaro KDE on my laptop. Manjaro is really easy and you install what you need, it also has amazing community, any bug is fixed really fast.

Manjaro has a built-in tool that detects and updates what drivers you need, this makes my life really easy.
I have a long history of tinkering with Linux, what stops me from full time dedication to Linux is I am a veteran gamer
and most that I am involved with won't function within the Linux environment. I think within the next few years though
this will cease to be a hurdle for dedicated gamers. I sure hope so at least, I would love to dump this MS OS right on its
head, for good.

ExoGen CyberSecurity

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Sep 17, 2016
I have a long history of tinkering with Linux, what stops me from full time dedication to Linux is I am a veteran gamer
and most that I am involved with won't function within the Linux environment. I think within the next few years though
this will cease to be a hurdle for dedicated gamers. I sure hope so at least, I would love to dump this MS OS right on its
head, for good.

Ha ha ha, I feel you. That's why I have Windows 7, its for games because in Linux I have low FPS. From what I've notice, Wine is getting better and better an in a few years you will be able to use Linux as Windows (the downside is that, there are more and more malware for linux).

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Ha ha ha, I feel you. That's why I have Windows 7, its for games because in Linux I have low FPS. From what I've notice, Wine is getting better and better an in a few years you will be able to use Linux as Windows (the downside is that, there are more and more malware for linux).
I agree, but honestly I find Linux easier to secure than MS products.
As Linux continues to improve and grow and become more mainstream, more will gravitate to it.
I'm 47 when I first tried Linux not many were playing with it outside of hobbyists, it's user base
has exploded since then. Long live Linux ;)

Reactions: JM Safe

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015

ExoGen CyberSecurity

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Sep 17, 2016
I don't know, I never got infected since everything is sandboxed. I tested in VirtualBox and it's ok (and yes, it's worth the bother), the ViruScope in version 10 is way better (I'm using is right now).

I'm not using HIPS, I just set everything to be blocked by default (sandboxed) and in Firewall to block any requests and only allow what I say. This way I used CIS for years with no issues and I test real malware on my system from time to time.

Reactions: Hector1 and shmu26

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
@ExoGen CyberSecurity What are your opinions about Comodo Cloud Antivirus (extension) for Chrome and Comodo Portable Sandbox to provide sandboxing for downloads from Chrome?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.