Experience with Windows Defender ATP?

Mikesierra

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Feb 26, 2018
Is someone using Windows Defender ATP and can share his experience with this solution? Moreover, I am highly interested to see whether someone was able to find threats on endpoints or servers with Defender ATP which haven´t been recognized before or with another product? We have to use Cisco AMP for endpoints and it´s one of the worst products I´ve ever seen, especially when it comes to EDR capabilities.

Reactions: oldschool
F

ForgottenSeer 823865

This forum is mostly focused on Home Users using Win10 Home, so Windows ATP and others are rarely discussed and just mentioned for general knowledge.
Sure some of us work in corporations but you won't find many.

kahoots

Nov 15, 2019
Is someone using Windows Defender ATP and can share his experience with this solution? Moreover, I am highly interested to see whether someone was able to find threats on endpoints or servers with Defender ATP which haven´t been recognized before or with another product? We have to use Cisco AMP for endpoints and it´s one of the worst products I´ve ever seen, especially when it comes to EDR capabilities.

I've had my share of cisco amp 3 years ago. It was a terrible product. I am in the midst of testing Defender ATP along with a sleuth of others and will report once i finish my testing.

Mikesierra

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Feb 26, 2018
I've had my share of cisco amp 3 years ago. It was a terrible product. I am in the midst of testing Defender ATP along with a sleuth of others and will report once i finish my testing.
LOL, and I can guarantee that it wasn´t really improved in the meantime. Nevertheless, I´m highly interested in your Defender APT test report.

kahoots

Nov 15, 2019
My old security team even said to use amp and remove symantec endpoint protection. After the rollout, they realized it is not a replacement for SEP. SMH.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.