Does this block older exploits too?

Edit: How can EMET play in this?

arsenaloyal

Level 3
Verified
Aug 6, 2012
Earth said:
Does this block older exploits too?

I don't get as to what you mean by older exploits ?

If an application is updated to a newer version then the exploit will cease to exist,so it would actually have to in essence block all the exploits known and unknown as well for the older software version if installed.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
As an example, exploits that were around for IE6 (ie. Windows XP).

arsenaloyal

Level 3
Verified
Aug 6, 2012
Earth said:
As an example, exploits that were around for IE6 (ie. Windows XP).

I would think it should,i can see this would be really handy in a corporate environment,where IE6 is still used.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
OK.

What's ZeroVulnLabs (ExploitShield's) view on EMET (software)?

ZeroVulnLabs

Sep 29, 2012
Earth said:
OK.

What's ZeroVulnLabs (ExploitShield's) view on EMET (software)?
EMET is great, what else is there to say?

Both EMET and ExploitShield use different approaches to achieve the same goal (prevent software vulnerability exploits).

Everybody should install EMET as well as ExploitShield to have the highest level of protection against exploit kits.

treefrog'

Oct 28, 2012
ExploitShield 0.7 beta

Hi all
ExploitShield is still looking for beta testers,
http://www.zerovulnerabilitylabs.com/home/
it offers protection against known and unknown zero-day arbitrary code execution vulnerability exploit attacks.
The dev's are not spelling out how it works exactly (for obvious reasons) but it protects Java and other components within the browser (Flash, Shockwave, Adobe Reader, etc.).
In my own tests it has 100% success rate against all exploits I threw at it :cool:
There forum has a section where real and live drive-by exploit kits are posted for testing - http://www.zerovulnerabilitylabs.com/forum
this is still in beta but I would like to hear if anyone can bypass it...a challenge :D
treefrog'

EDIT - oops :rolleyes: I missed this thread before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.