Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
What happens if you click on the taskbar-icon of Windows-Explorer, the same "Unspecified Error" ? :unsure:

exp.png

Upvote 0

amirr

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
What happens if you click on the taskbar-icon of Windows-Explorer, the same "Unspecified Error" ? :unsure:

View attachment 254439

Yes, same result. I will read the links you mentioned. Thanks.

Upvote 0

amirr

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
I had that on a laptop twice a few years ago. Solutions 2 and 4 on this appuals webpage worked for me then. Granted back then, that article in specific wasn't written.
Thank you, system restore did work and solved the problem, but at the end of system restore, after it did a restart, it said it's not done fully, due to AV or something.
But after all, it solved the problem.
Anyway, to make things smooth, I will do a clean installation of 20H2.

Upvote 0

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
Thank you, system restore did work and solved the problem, but at the end of system restore, after it did a restart, it said it's not done fully, due to AV or something.
But after all, it solved the problem.
Anyway, to make things smooth, I will do a clean installation of 20H2.
try "sfc /scannow" and "Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth" commands within cmd

Edit: Sorry, already mentioned on one of the websites in the post of @silversurfer.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.