Advice Request Extensions question

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireHammer

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Aug 27, 2020
Hey, now when we are talking extensions, what should I use in Chrome besides Trafficlight(BTS installed as AV)?:cautious:
What is the best Adblocker: Ad-Guard or Ublock Origin?

Reactions: Cortex

Protomartyr

Level 7
Sep 23, 2019
A good read to help form your decision regarding AdGuard vs uBlock Origin:

Other extensions you may consider:
  • Cookie AutoDelete - Automatically delete unwanted cookies from your closed tabs while keeping the ones you want.
  • ClearURLs - Automatically remove tracking elements from URLs to help protect your privacy when browse through the Internet.

Jan Willy

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 5, 2019
It break TLS connections doesn't it?
Yes it does. I use NextDNS but not through Adguard Desktop. The simple reason is that I used NextDNS before I bought (as a bargain) Adguard Desktop. But the combo Adguard Desktop + Adguard DNS is an attractive alternative. With only cosmetic ad-filtering and stealth (incognito) mode, Adguard Desktop complements NextDNS. No browser extension needed for ad-filtering.

F

ForgottenSeer 85179

Yes it does. I use NextDNS but not through Adguard Desktop. The simple reason is that I used NextDNS before I bought (as a bargain) Adguard Desktop. But the combo Adguard Desktop + Adguard DNS is an attractive alternative. With only cosmetic ad-filtering and stealth (incognito) mode, Adguard Desktop complements NextDNS. No browser extension needed for ad-filtering.
In some post about AdGuard DNS I post my opinion about and in that their isn't any advantages in using the desktop version over browser extension.

But everyone has own setup :)

Jan Willy

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 5, 2019
Knocking on an open door: the desktop version is very convenient if several browsers are used.
This is what Adguard itself says about it.

1599153069158.png

Footnotes:

1 – within browser restrictions and only in the browser where it is installed;

2 – the extension is unable to detect requests from other extensions. So if some other, malicious or tracking extension wants to send a request to its server to show you ads or track your activity, the extension will not be able to block that request;

3 – not all types of ads and threats can be blocked by browser extensions because of certain browser restrictions. It means that some elements may get to the page and slow down the loading process. Besides, unlike browser ad blockers, AdGuard app blocks ads before they are loaded to the browser. This saves traffic and speeds up page loading.

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
They already have one:
Thanks, did look, but missed that one (y)

It would be great if all members who posted their config also linked it to their acount:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.