Kaspersky Internet Security 2018 latest build

Solarquest

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 22, 2014
Thanks for sharing!;)
My laptop had a "heart attack" on new year's Eve (I got one too:confused:) and I need to buy one too.
I checked at Costco, they have great deals too....what surprised me was to see many bad reviews of HP, Asus...I hate to see how cheap/bad thinks are build nowadays:mad:

Svoll

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
After seeing this, I realized how much poor I am :(

Me and you both!

It looks like an awesome deal for the price. I have checked ROG,Alienware,Origin, and Falcon. Similar configs you got are close to 2k from others.

I like how Origin looks but what you got is not far behind it. What a beautiful lappy!

product_9_20160803132624_57a180809593f.png

Exterminator

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Thanks for sharing!;)
My laptop had a "heart attack" on new year's Eve (I got one too:confused:) and I need to buy one too.
I checked at Costco, they have great deals too....what surprised me was to see many bad reviews of HP, Asus...I hate to see how cheap/bad thinks are build nowadays:mad:
Costco has some great prices however they only have a few brands.
I am not fond of ASUS after my ROG problems and their customer service/tech support is not very helpful.
Alienware is too over priced and you can get a laptop with the same specs for much less money.
When I was looking for a new one at Best Buy I bought an HP Omen seemed like a good Laptop however some of the features,such as the lighted keyboard color zones,were not Windows 10 compatible. I was looking at the MSI's while I was there.
Therefore I factory reset the Omen took it back to Best Buy and bought the MSI. So far so good.
I have had many an HP both laptops and desktops and never had any problems.
I bought a Lenovo laptop a couple years ago and was really satisfied.
I was going to build a new desktop but not enough time to put into it so I bought Lenovo Desktop with the specs I wanted.
At Costco I would consider:
Dell as they make some good machines.
Lenovo,they also make some excellent gaming laptops.
I would take a look at some of the HP's.
Never considered Acer so do not know much about them.
Depends on what your looking for.
Best Buy always has special 0% intrest financing if you have or open a Best Buy credit card.

Miyagi

Level 1
Verified
Jul 7, 2013
For those of you looking for a new laptop or even a desktop replacement, Exterminator's laptop is top notch! Tech Deals from YouTube has a great review:

I have one too and love the performance! You guessed it with KIS 2017. Cheers!

Paul123

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Dec 9, 2016
Really nice, Great spec and it looks really stylish. People will think you forgot to put the Xmas decorations away when you light up that keyboard;)

After seeing this, I realized how much poor I am :(
Me too, sighing while I look at my plain old Lenovo T420:(:(. Wish I could have nice things....

Last edited by a moderator:

Retired the ROG. Tried an HP Omen and took it back for this MSI.

I looked into the G501JW ROG, but never got it because it was out-of-stock.

Looked into an HP Omen and MSI.

I think if I ever sink serious money into a laptop it will be a Sager\Clevo or Schenker.

How do you like that MSI ?

I don't need the graphics card for my purposes, but it seems even the Xeon workstation systems I've looked into have a high-end graphics card packed-in.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I looked into the G501JW ROG, but never got it because it was out-of-stock.

Looked into an HP Omen and MSI.

I think if I ever sink serious money into a laptop it will be a Sager\Clevo or Schenker.

How do you like that MSI ?

I don't need the graphics card for my purposes, but it seems even the Xeon workstation systems I've looked into have a high-end graphics card packed-in.
I love the MSI.
I do not do much gaming anymore on PC but like you said most come with the higher end GPU.
I bought an Omen but took it back as the software that controls keyboard back lighting and some other features was not Windows 10 compatible.
It also runs hot as it is a thinner laptop with smaller fans.
MSI also makes a thinner laptop but I opted for the one I got because the fans are bigger and it runs noticeably cooler.
The Omen is a nice machine but when your paying over a grand for a laptop it should not have any issues.
My ROG has had problems ever since Windows 10 came out so I needed something with good specs but with a little bit more portability.
So I decided on the smaller display and the MSI.
So far so good :)

Reactions: SHvFl and XhenEd

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
@Exterminator: Good buy, you could have waited for kabylake. Anyway, did you change from RAID to AHCI to get most performance out of NVMe drive.
Custom made. Basically more expensive than MSI/ASUS/Alienware
Compare All Laptops | Origin PC

They just as good as MSI and ASUS, but give you the possibility of further customization.
These are LGA chipset and MXM GPU and you can upgrade to almost any CPU and GPU for extreme OC'ers. They're lot heavier too.

Reactions: SHvFl

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
Which SSD does it run on?
Toshiba XG series with Reads 1.8GB/s and writes 1.3GB/s. I'm not sure of the numbers but they're better than PM951 from Samsung in terms of write performance. Check if there's any FW update from MSI to enhance the performance even more.

Reactions: SHvFl

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.