Troubleshoot External Hard Drive Crash

Vic Rosa

Thread author
Jan 26, 2013
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
I have a 1TB external hard drive with two partitions and I can not access one of those partitions.
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
I've tried with MSDOS chkdsk and another comands, TestDisk and with several data recovery programs (Easus Data Recovery). I have even tried formatting with EASEUS Partition Manager and with Windows 7 Disk Manager, but it has all been fruitless. I have also tried to scan with an antivirus and an antimalware and one can not even access the partition. When I run a command nothing happens or even lock the computer. Then when I try to exit Windows he can not even quit normally, spend hours saying it will shut down and nothing happens, I have to switch off with the computer's button. Can anyone help me?
Thankful in advance,
Vic
External Hard Drive Crash

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.