Advice Request Extra engines in 360 TS (Thread Split)

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
QVM it is Qihoo engines.. so Qihoo detected 4/4 in their only technology.
Thank you Evgeny and the others commenting on the question by blueblackwow65, am still @ a Party, mobile only. I employ Avira and BD additionally as Qihoo (Cloud only?) seldom does not catch files (until some Update cloud or Signature), also I don't feel no impact even on weaker systems. Also with no Internet you still have Protection by Signatures.

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
If I use avira ram spikes a bit, right now I have just qihoo engines with about 60meg ram used, with avira add another 20-30, but with bitdefender also it then goes to about 160-180meg used.
That's a great difference indeed. Might use similar RAM on both Laptop (4 GB RAM, no Gaming possible) and PC (old, but can still handle some Games). However, i don't notice the impact and having had a look to the Task Manager, Qihoo was not the most resource hungry (but Top 5/10 indeed). I spend the extra RAM for security.

Reactions: Daniel Hidalgo

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
Avira + Bit will eat alot of memory, if they are both enabled.

Qihoo itself do no impact on system.
When I disabled both Avira + BD engine, RAM usage went up?:eek:
I have to admit I did no restart / logout, just pulled those switches within the GUI to off.
This is for quite idle system, just some office work, surfing the net, but not scanning.

Attachments

• Unbenannt2.JPG
    Unbenannt2.JPG
    183.9 KB · Views: 401
  • Unbenannt3.JPG
    Unbenannt3.JPG
    184.5 KB · Views: 439
Reactions: blueblackwow65

blueblackwow65

Level 23
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Dec 19, 2012
I have to admit I did no restart / logout, just pulled those switches within the GUI to off.
This is for quite idle system, just some office work, surfing the net, but not scanning.

I have to agree seems it works better in ram usage with at least avira or Bitdefender enabled,very weird.

Reactions: Der.Reisende

Evgeny

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
May 1, 2015
Thats because you didnt restarted your system, i had this problem too.. if you have enough ram you can use bit plus avira, if you have less than 4gb dont use other engines..

Reactions: Der.Reisende

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
Thats because you didnt restarted your system, i had this problem too.. if you have enough ram you can use bit plus avira, if you have less than 4gb dont use other engines..
Thank you Evgeny for enlightening me :) Both Systems are equipped with enough RAM that might be the reason for the not noticeable impact :) However, 360 Cloud is mighty enough (Avira+BD will help when there's no Internet) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.