Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
The behaviour blocker is so much better than the one of G Data
this is the point I disagree.
It was tested in the hub in the past. Its BB has similar strength as avast/AVG's BB in default settings. Gdata's BB is better
for well-known AVs' BBs, I rated: Kaspersky > emsisoft > Gdata > BitDefender ~ Norton's SONAR (SONAR is more inconsistent, it usually fails unexpectedly) > F-secure ~ Avast/AVG
all at default settings

upnorth

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
This is a thread about version 17.3 and it was released April 25-2018 so please try stay on topic. If there's something else to talk/rant about I would strongly suggest start a thread of your own or post in ones profile as otherwise it's a risk others might get confused. Thanks!

Btw DeepGuards latest version does Not have any settings other then On or Off and never had anything else to my knowledge. Also if someone dosen't fully understand what it actually is I recommend read about it here : DeepGuard - How F-Secure Behavior Blocker works

Mahesh Sudula

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 3, 2017
it sadly isn't, at least if they haven't remade it in a year.
you're saying this cause you're testing 100% malware samples, Deepguard is a false positive machine, it will block malware but it will sure as hell block legitimate stuff too.
May be slightly OFF-TOPIC ..Deep guard has become under control and doing its job as of present version
After testing its capability in depth incl its DG for 3 days..i purchased a 3yr license for my pc at 300 INR( Cheapest ever)
Since the pole differs from the subject.
.END.

Mahesh Sudula

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 3, 2017
F secure is nice...though i'm not killing you for the above words. Hope i think can correct you
Pros: DG is no where to G data BB since G data BB works on multiple modules before flagging an alert..and has 95%+ accuracy . It is that good.. moreover it checks on a pattern of suspicious processes (say 5-6) before flagging in. Fp's from G data BB in a piece of 100 samples would be 2-3~..In most cases not even that. Check its RAP..It further proves that.
G data BB is intelligent enough to differentiate b/w normal and malicious processes even if they share similar processes / Characteristics b/w them -->
Only fact made me to stay with G data for over 6 Years

Deep guard is not that matured and refined. Though its potential is a lot good now but takes a lot more time to get there.
Deep guard works on two ways : File Prevelance (70%) Behaviour monitoring (30%) ..Most importantly it lacks a boot time protection. DG only blocks the processes...no automatic removal of samples atleast in most of the cases. User has to manually remove it. I agree it suspends the malicious processes but why shouldn't delete it. Does G data works like this??
Deep guard as noted in my tests works on two way : Rare Application & Malware (Accuracy >>80%). You can check this under APP & FILE Control Hope you get my point behind it, just to share you the facts i noted on G data BB since 6 years.
Believe me or not G data removal rate is excellent not even leaves non-exe traces in the registry. G data disinfects f secure renames or quarantines the malware. I can confidenty say all these FACTS with 99% Confidence.
Correct me if wrong . Sorry for the longg post. But i think its useful
Thank you !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.