App Review F-Secure 2012 FINAL Video Test

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

Will you give F-Secure IS 2012 a try?

• Yes

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • No

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
F-Secure 2012 FINAL
Uploaded by languy99 on Oct 22, 2011

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 178

im a bit disappointed by the 2012 version. and it is a bit heavy.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Nathan Wootton said:
Im unsure bout languy somtimes, think il stick with mrxidus. hasn't let me down yet ;)

No MrXidus has not let us down, but it is also good to see other reviews by other people.

Plus I am willing to give F-Secure a try, I might even like it.

Nikomanuel1

Jul 10, 2011
This is really strange...well now all products come with bugs but f secure?? i have this now in my machine (bye bullguard 12 :D) and is really light...only 60 MB stable. Eset consume 80 mb and feel light, now all machines have 1 GB (well at least here on venezuela :D) 60 mb is a right number, and f secure is light on system, the problem is the browsing...firefox start lagging some moments :/

i had a excelent experiencie with 2011 version..so for now...is ok in my machine.

however..i think languy is great tester..but with each new video, he (i dont know how say it in english :D) make new FAIL...when he say "hey dont have right click scan" clicked and "scan for virus" LOOOL!

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
win7holic said:
I'll test F-secure IS 2012.
not sure, whenever I want to test it.
cheers all.

Yeah, that is what I am going to do as well. Then I get to see if I like it or not.

E

Exorcizm

Seems like a letdown to most people.. i'll give this one a pass :)
Maybe 2013 might be a better year for them :D haha

E

Exorcizm

darkelixa said:
Nothing wrong with it, i use it on my host pc

Not saying it's bad :) just saying a few people don't seem to think it's anything special :)

E

Exorcizm

darkelixa said:
Lol it is special, its actually quite a good product

Would you be able to explain how it sets itself apart from the other products on the market? :)

Would be appreciated

( I could research, but i find personal experience is much more better ) :D

BTW: Your Sigs picture is broken :|

E

Exorcizm

darkelixa said:
1- launch pad
2- deep guard

Wow, lots of effort explaining! Thankyou!! :D

+ 10 For Excellence!

BTW Your sig is broken.

Ill research Launch Pad and Deep Guard now.

E

Exorcizm

For Anyone who wants to know about these features:

F-Secure Internet Security 2012 : DeepGuard
F-Secure's DeepGuard component blocked many malicious programs based on behavior and reputation. It also blocked quite a few legitimate tools and utilities, as shown here.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
F-Secure Anti-Virus 2012 : Launch Pad
The new launch pad offers quick access to the antivirus and to any other F-Secure products you may have installed.

(Not quite "ground breaking" or anything that sets it apart like i asked for)
and the reviews i just looked at rate it "Good" nothing more, nothing less.

Oh well.

E

Exorcizm

darkelixa said:
F Secure also boasts one of the quickest av full scans of the lot

That is a nice bonus to have, but what good is it, if it doesn't detect nearly as much as the others that take close to the same time to scan :D

Hehe :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.