Solved F-Secure Capricorn not updating for a few days

Status
Not open for further replies.

KnownStormChaser

Level 1
Thread author
Mar 4, 2022
My F-Secure antivirus has not been updating its signatures properly since Sunday. It only updated once on Sunday and hasn't updated at all today. And I checked for available updates, which there are some (F-Secure Latest Database Updates). Anyone else experience the same issue? Any idea how to fix it?

Screenshot 2023-11-13 174028.png

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with F-Secure antivirus updates. It's possible that there may be a temporary problem with the update servers. You can try a few troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue:

1. Restart your computer and check for updates again.
2. Ensure that your internet connection is stable and not blocking any F-Secure update traffic.
3. Temporarily disable any firewall or security software that may be interfering with the update process.
4. If the issue persists, you can try reinstalling F-Secure antivirus.

If none of these steps resolve the issue, I recommend reaching out to F-Secure support for further assistance.

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
My F-Secure antivirus has not been updating its signatures properly since Sunday. It only updated once on Sunday and hasn't updated at all today. And I checked for available updates, which there are some (F-Secure Latest Database Updates). Anyone else experience the same issue? Any idea how to fix it?
On Sunday the 12th of November, the Capricorn updates in your screenshot is 21 and not 1. The last number is what you should check. See the red marked number highlighted here:

Screenshot 2023-11-13 174028.png

In my own local machines update history it shows 24 times and that's a bit better and according to the official database update page.

2023-11-14_08-09-45.png

But, it's 100% correct that during Monday the 13th no Capricorn updates has reached also my own client when it should, if one check the database update page ( 14 ). It's also obvious the Capricorn updates for today Tuesday the 14th ( 7 so far on their database update page ), is not installed. DeepGuard got 1 update today.

Either try contact the official support ( phone recommended ) or start a thread here:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

View attachment 279695
It's not the first time updates haven't been pushed to end users. Visit Solved - No database updates over the weekend? (Solved)

I recommend contacting F-Secure Support for Paying Customers.

Last edited:

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
F-Secure internal team which maintains update servers resolved a hiccup with updates getting filled up in a queue and not becoming available for customers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.