Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
VVF6ork4_o.png

Latest version for F-Secure Freedome VPN on PC have been updated to 2.22.5580.0

Official release logs is not available. Not even for the business version other then for the apps on Google Playstore and Apples App Store.
F-Secure Freedome is free the first 5 days.

Sunshine-boy

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2017
F-Secure FREEDOM VPN is not available in the following countries: Bahrain, China, Iran, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Russia, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates
Some use VPN to bypass censorship but it seems F-secure can't understand it(it's all about money and benefits). they call it freedom VPN while there is no freedom with this VPN. Same for Kaspersky and Avira VPN.idk how you ppl trust such VPNs.
Windscribe works ok although it's not great and I don't like their privacy policy but enough(better than these VPNs).

Attachments

• Fsecure anti freedom.PNG
    Fsecure anti freedom.PNG
    92 KB · Views: 489
Last edited:

Brahman

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2013
if you want to use vpn and you happened to live in those above mentioned countries, better be using a paid vpn like Nord or express vpn or rent out digital river or amzon ecs with algo vpn client

Reactions: Sunshine-boy

upnorth

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
F-Secure FREEDOM VPN is not available in the following countries: Bahrain, China, Iran, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Russia, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates
Some use VPN to bypass censorship but it seems F-secure can't understand it(it's all about money and benefits). they call it freedom VPN while there is no freedom with this VPN. Same for Kaspersky and Avira VPN.idk how you ppl trust such VPNs. Windscribe works ok although it's not great and I don't like their privacy policy but enough(better than these VPNs).
Gl6NcFeg_o.png

Why Freedome does not work in the United Arab Emirates and other Persian Gulf area countries - F-Secure Community

O7x8EKHV_o.png

Why FREEDOME does not work in China - F-Secure Community

This clearly explain the issue as the issue is not within and with F-Secure Freedome but a sad problem thats located inside these countries. As F-Secure Freedome is a stock market company and of course as any other company wants to make money, I have Zero doubts that if it was possible for F-Secure to fully work in the mentioned countries, they wouldn't hesitate for a second.

Sunshine-boy

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2017
I didn't say F-Secure VPN doesn't work in Iran(this is another story) I said they don't offer this product to my region.
have Zero doubts that if it was possible for F-Secure to work in the mentioned countries, they wouldn't hesitate for a second.
You are wrong. how other VPNs works? Windscribe, hotspot shield, And many others work here.
Pia also works in China and it's not like that every VPN don't work in China(I know that many works).
Government block the VPN servers but not all of them(they just can't cuz it damage other services )
I could connect to F-Secure servers from Iran(i tired this VPN once) but cant dw the VPN from the f-secure website.
he issue as the issue is not within and with F-Secure
this is exactly about f-secure itself.
F-Secure has a lot of resellers in my country and if they refuse to work with government law then the government close their business(so they lost the market and it cost money ) : )
to work in the mentioned countries, they wouldn't hesitate for a second.
I know that it works : ) and i can show you if you want.

Last edited:

Sunshine-boy

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2017
I like F-secure Av and the way F-secure move! they have very good privacy policy and free from NSA or USA government. it's very fast probably the fastest VPN i had but it's not a privacy tool.

upnorth

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
I didn't say F-Secure VPN doesn't work in Iran(this is another story) I said they don't offer this product to my region.
Aha! My bad and can guess that has something to do with there connection to the European Union and specific regulations.

I have Zero doubts that if it was possible for F-Secure to work in the mentioned countries, they wouldn't hesitate for a second.
You are wrong. how other VPNs works? Windscribe, hotspot shield, And many others work here.
Pia also works in China and it's not like that every VPN don't work in China(I know that many works).
Government block the VPN servers but not all of them(they just can't cuz it damage other services )
I could connect to F-Secure servers from Iran(i tired this VPN once) but cant dw the VPN from the f-secure website.

this is exactly about f-secure itself.
F-Secure has a lot of resellers in my country and if they refuse to work with government law then the government close their business(so they lost the market and it cost money ) : )

I know that it works : ) and i can show you if you want.

The above quote from me lacks one word! Correct quote is seen in post #4 and below. It's important as otherwise it's a risk of possible misunderstanding.
I have Zero doubts that if it was possible for F-Secure to fully work in the mentioned countries, they wouldn't hesitate for a second.
I don't doubt you @Sunshine-boy when you say that they exist in Iran in the way that the product is possible to purchase through resellers and the product Freedome itself also works. Thats even partially worded and confirmed from F-Secure them self in the screen shot I supplied so when I wrote " if it was possible for F-Secure to fully work " I also meant it as IMO thats not wrong. They clearly as you showed with your screenshot do not officially sell the product for example in Iran and they also do not have any official office in Iran, but they do actually have one in China. Again, if they " fully " could have a business 100% working in these countries, they would because F-Secure is a company and there is no reason for them to avoid make money, unless there is specific regulations that prevents them and there not alone.

Last edited:

Sunshine-boy

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2017
also do not have any official office in Iran,
they have reseller (see attachment)
you have to work with the government OR BB! like what Google recently did In China! or even Apple.
all these tech companies do everything for their benefits.

Attachments

• fff.PNG
    fff.PNG
    95.9 KB · Views: 471
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.