Advice Request F - Secure Freedome VPN

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Chausko

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Mar 25, 2018
Hello,
Is Freedome VPN by F - Secure safe VPN without logs? Because reviews are very diference. And my next question: is their service own or cooperation with third part like Kaspersky VPN is PIA or BullGuard VPN is NordVPN. Thanks.
(Sorry for my english.)

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
Logged:
  • Time of connection
  • Country code
  • Duration of VPN connection
  • Amount of data transfered
  • Device ID generated by Freedome
  • IP address
  • Host name
  • Traffic anomalies (abuse of service)
These are logged for 90 days, after which they are deleted.

If you enable Tracker Mapper (don't bother; it only works for unencrypted connections), your traffic is logged for 24 hours and will be deleted automatically after 3 days once start a new log or delete the log yourself.

If Security Cloud is enabled, software and traffic that is identified as malicious/potentially malicious is sent to F-Secure for analysis. This data is anonymized and kept separate from your Freedome data. It'll be destroyed when no longer needed.

is their service own or cooperation with third part like Kaspersky VPN is PIA or BullGuard VPN is NordVPN. Thanks.
Their service is their own.

Brahman

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2013
Hello,
Is Freedome VPN by F - Secure safe VPN without logs? Because reviews are very diference. And my next question: is their service own or cooperation with third part like Kaspersky VPN is PIA or BullGuard VPN is NordVPN. Thanks.
(Sorry for my english.)
Better to use mullvad or something similar with no logs policy.

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
So from my reading, what they log is what IP you use to connect to their VPN in order to be able to investigate fraud/abuse and such logs are stored for 90 days. Other than that, they only log additional info if you turn on additional features. They do not log what you visit.
Note that your ISP also can see the fact that your device is connecting to a FreeDOME VPN endpoint....

Overall this seems okay for my VPN use cases but it all depends on what your concerns are.
Full source here :

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
Almost all VPN services using logs, doesn't matter what said by vendors, all want to earn money and never telling always the truth!
At least your ISP has money when there is a lawsuit for compromising users data. These VPNs will just disappear.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.