Battle F- Secure SAFE or Bitdefender Total Security 2019

cătălin

Level 1
Verified
Jun 21, 2018
Of the two products, bitdefender is superior in malware detection - but that detail is not enough.
In this industry, not the best one should be chosen but the one that suits your needs. You also need to know the configuration of the system you want to install the security solution.

Mahesh Sudula

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 3, 2017
F secure is cheap , silent good protection.
But BD is superior to F secure in terms of protection, has firewall, Heuristics and Auto pilot.
Much Much better removal of unknown malware over F secure.Minimal BB Fp's else doesn't exist at all

Like a Western!

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Apr 6, 2016
it's really sad that people in such a community like MT know and like BitDefender more than F-Secure..
that's realy a shame.. now why?
well we all know what a mess was behind BitDefender when they hacked back then, and yet BitDefender is like Kaspersky, Symantec and bla bla bla.. the companies that US markets matter to them very much, BitDefender even got some services specialy for United state of America only.

you remember Kaspersky was okay to show their source code to the US agencies? like wtf? it is like let them learn more about your source code find a backdoor easier and this is not something like secret, that's for sure kaspersky people knew that they can use the source code against them and their users. but yet, because of US market, they wanted to do it.

so with Bitdefender is the same too, have you ever seen Bitdefender talk about a state-sponsored malware from America? no. they like their market. but how about F-Secure? i bring you an example, Mikko Hypponen one of the most famous names in CyberSecurity industry which is CEO at F-Secure, talk about them and what governments doing against each other and how you should stop being victim between this mess, in every single one of his seminars. so that shows that F-Secure realy can and want to protect you. Bitdefender? no they just got a better engine but there is no privacy there is no safety against governments there is no good name behind them it's just a strong engine which will die soon enough.

and false positives? like who gives a damn about them? are you AV-Test expert or something? or you just care too much about their tests? well guess what, F-Secure was is and will be always top in their tests too ! yet it's just a excuse to say "meh, F-Secure just got lots of false positives" i was with F-Secure for 2years and i got no false positives and you will not too. IF you just live your real life.

and the reason i switched to Dr.Web well it's just about my interest to their company too. they stay out of AV games for a long time and i do respect that.

hope it helps.

Mahesh Sudula

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 3, 2017
it's really sad that people in such a community like MT know and like BitDefender more than F-Secure..
well we all know what a mess was behind BitDefender when they hacked back then, and yet BitDefender is like Kaspersky, Symantec and bla bla bla.. the companies that US markets matter to them very much, BitDefender even got some services specialy for United state of America only.

you remember Kaspersky was okay to show their source code to the US agencies? like wtf? it is like let them learn more about your source code find a backdoor easier and this is not something like secret, that's for sure kaspersky people knew that they can use the source code against them and their users. but yet, because of US market, they wanted to do it.

so with Bitdefender is the same too, have you ever seen Bitdefender talk about a state-sponsored malware from America? no. they like their market. but how about F-Secure? i bring you an example, Mikko Hypponen one of the most famous names in CyberSecurity industry which is CEO at F-Secure, talk about them and what governments doing against each other and how you should stop being victim between this mess, in every single one of his seminars. so that shows that F-Secure realy can and want to protect you. Bitdefender? no they just got a better engine but there is no privacy there is no safety against governments there is no good name behind them it's just a strong engine which will die soon enough.

and false positives? like who gives a damn about them? are you AV-Test expert or something? or you just care too much about their tests? well guess what, F-Secure was is and will be always top in their tests too ! yet it's just a excuse to say "meh, F-Secure just got lots of false positives" i was with F-Secure for 2years and i got no false positives and you will not too. IF you just live your real life.

and the reason i switched to Dr.Web well it's just about my interest to their company too. they stay out of AV games for a long time and i do respect that.

hope it helps.
Every individual express their opinion based on many factors.
We as AV testers have a lot of experience ..on their weak and strong points
So when we express our opinion, it is solely based on that even anyone have the right to express.
Stop putting your opinion on others, with out any facts
Bit defender is a well known Romanian AV vendor, till date i have never seen or heard a single backdoor sort from Bit Defender.
F secure has used BD Engine till date . OK F secure is good as well who said no ?
Do you know one thing ? During Ransom outbreak BD is the only vendor with pro active defense of 80% even in early hours, Avg followed next
Do you think above tests are obsolete are what ? we have made videos for each and every reviews. Expressing is freedom but pointing out others points (w/o facts) is wrong.

Reactions: stefanos and Brie

Like a Western!

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Apr 6, 2016
"Expressing is freedom but pointing out others points (w/o facts) is wrong. "
i didn't do that, i just expressed my opininon, just like you and others, that was what i knew with respect, thats it.

"We as AV testers have a lot of experience ..on their weak and strong points "
being Av Tester in MT doesnt mean that you know more than ordinary users which might be a whole expert in cybersecurity themselves but just they didn't reach to Av Testers with a lot of experience! because of their posts is below 100. see? you are an Av Test with a lot of experience because you got more than 100 posts in community and some tests in malware hub section, it's good but still doesnt make you better than other users. as you expressed your opinion, i did too, and you cannot see any being disrespectful in that.

Mahesh Sudula

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 3, 2017

i didn't do that, i just expressed my opininon, just like you and others, that was what i knew with respect, thats it.

being Av Tester in MT doesnt mean that you know more than ordinary users which might be a whole expert in cybersecurity themselves but just they didn't reach to Av Testers with a lot of experience! because of their posts is below 100. see? you are an Av Test with a lot of experience because you got more than 100 posts in community and some tests in malware hub section, it's good but still doesnt make you better than other users. as you expressed your opinion, i did too, and you cannot see any being disrespectful in that.

Can you expLAin me what you are actually trying to say !

Reactions: Brie

Mahesh Sudula

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 3, 2017

Govt sponsored malware, Bit defender joinig hands with them ?
Kaspersky , Norton, Bit defender , Blah blah in your opinion works with Govt ?
but not other companies ?
What you mean exactly in detail , I just want to know in detail

Like a Western!

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Apr 6, 2016
What you mean exactly in detail , I just want to know in detail
if you are and expert or experienced tester, you should not behave like this when someone say some bad truth about your favorite vendor or company, it's more like being a fanboy than being an expert.

all i said was on logic and ofcourse knowledge based on what actually happened out there and i'm sure you know them too. search about anything i said, if anything of them turned a lie or not true, ask me more explaination but for know i do not repeat what i've said untill someone prove they're wrong.

Mahesh Sudula

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 3, 2017
if you are and expert or experienced tester, you should not behave like this when someone say some bad truth about your favorite vendor or company, it's more like being a fanboy than being an expert.

all i said was on logic and ofcourse knowledge based on what actually happened out there and i'm sure you know them too. search about anything i said, if anything of them turned a lie or not true, ask me more explaination but for know i do not repeat what i've said untill someone prove they're wrong.
Hello man ! Got me wrong ? I don't even use any AV product on any of my systems.
I have asked you why you criticised Bitdefender ...?
Do you hold any proof for those against Bit Defender or any product for example.
It has become a habit for many of simply criticing any vendors due to fake / no sense news circulation
Already had enough debate on Kaspersky > They again stood up despite non sense claims.

Like a Western!

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Apr 6, 2016
Reactions: Mahesh Sudula

Mahesh Sudula

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 3, 2017
AntiVirus Firm BitDefender Hacked; Turns Out Stored Passwords Are UnEncrypted
Bitdefender Hacked, Customer Data Stolen | Security Zap

and based on your profile, you are using Doctor Web antivirus on your system, but anyway that's not the case.
and i'm not going to discuss more about what have been already discussed even in this forum several times before.
accept it. i just shared my opinion and knowledge on this topic. and this is going off topic which is not good.
Hmm seen that ! But no vendor likely put their data in risk

Reactions: Sunshine-boy

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.