Battle F-Secure SAFE vs Mcafee Internet Security 2016

TapaDonut

Level 1
Thread author
Oct 14, 2015
I have to decide which to choose from. Since my friend is giving me additional license for F-Secure since he recently bought 3 keys which unfortunately has no reason to use the other 2, so he said he'll give me one once I bought a new laptop, but my new laptop came with a free 1 year free subscription for McAfee internet security. So I have a dillema on which to use first. Should I use McAfee or accept my friend's giveaway.

PS: The McAfee that came with my brand new laptop isn't pre installed. They just gave me this prepaid card I think which says OEM card. And the card says I have to activate the key first on McAfee website before I could use it. Second, I used the 6th month trial of Mcafee on my desktop. Tried it for a few months, then uninstalled it because it slowed my PC down. I think the trial now is expired so I can't try it on my laptop first.

Reactions: upnorth

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
Prepare for the mcafee hate storm.

So in order to prevent such thing ill lay the terms now.
Please only discuss good points of one or another solution. Any post that represents solely mcafee hate will be deleted. Also, if you do not have experience on current versions OP is asking about or do not have good points to discuss, simply use the vote option.

I personally used mcafee and see no problem with it. Fsecure however did cause me some slight slow downs but both are good and have decent protection.

If you have one year then use that. If you have two systems then use both mcafee and fsecure.

Last edited:

Lord Ami

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 14, 2014
I'd vouch for F-Secure. Have been using it for months now and so far so good. No slowdowns and it offer great protection. You can check my profile for posts @ Malware hub. So far only some adware-like stuff has got thru. Especially for free - great stuff :)
Been excellent against crypto-malware so far.

Last edited:

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
F-Secure and not just because it's protecting against Petya V2 but a whole range of other crap.

Last edited:
Reactions: frogboy

Morvotron

Level 7
Verified
Mar 24, 2015
I've used F-Secure some time ago, and my laptop suffered no slow downs. Protection was really good. But i wasn't able to buy the license back then. I'd choose over McAfee, since i never got really involved with Intel's security.

I'd go with F-Secure.

Last edited by a moderator:

vrb93

Level 5
Verified
Jan 15, 2014
Why not giving both of them a try? 15days For McAfee and 15days for F-Secure, then you can activate the one you like the most after testing in first person which one fit better onto your system :)
Both are goods and offer nice protection (honestly I would pick FS) but you need to check how your hardware is responding to them ;)

TapaDonut

Level 1
Thread author
Oct 14, 2015
Why not giving both of them a try? 15days For McAfee and 15days for F-Secure, then you can activate the one you like the most after testing in first person which one fit better onto your system :)
Both are goods and offer nice protection (honestly I would pick FS) but you need to check how your hardware is responding to them ;)

Maybe I'll just try both on my new laptop. Just gonna make a new McAfee account so I can try it also.

Reactions: vrb93 and upnorth

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I will go for F-secure because their product simply strong enough especially their DeepGuard is so active that can really kick something. Meanwhile McAfee Artemis Detectio is one of their strongest point but rely too much on heuristics that can produce more FP rate.

jerzy601

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 20, 2011
for two years in a row he used the F-Secure, and I was very happy with this program I had no problems with it is a good product.
I would gladly returned to the security program your system, if only was such a possibility, but no longer have the key.
is the program, install it and forget it, and he will do his.
It is lightweight and has a good detection rate especially DeepGuard.
of McAfee do not know enough because it did not use.
my voice to F-Secure, but this is just my opinion, and every choice is a free and individual decision.

Reactions: Tinytime23

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.