Platform(s)
  1. Microsoft Windows

Jonny Quest

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
i have f-secure and i'm happy with it. But what about the last review of avcomparatives?
is it better than windows defender? thanks
The protection is great, but the FP's have been an issue with F-Secure for years, especially when tracking the AV-Comparative's reports. In the previous report I believe they had mentioned that none of the FP's were detrimental, nothing was compromised, as with this report, also.

Last edited:

Jengo

Level 6
Well-known
Nov 9, 2022
If you want to consider another one.: Norton360, very light on the system and superb protection.

Inzingor

Level 1
Thread author
Oct 15, 2023
Im happy with f-secure... No intrusive advertising or alleged tuning utilities.

I'm still considering whether a "premium" firewall in combination with f-secure is worth it. Have you had any experience with this? Comodo or something similar?

Jonny Quest

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
Im happy with f-secure... No intrusive advertising or alleged tuning utilities.

I'm still considering whether a "premium" firewall in combination with f-secure is worth it. Have you had any experience with this? Comodo or something similar?

Yes, it's nice, one-and-done ad setting.
f secure settings.jpg

WFC may be something to consider. I'm just using Windows firewall.

Last edited:

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
I appreciate popup information from my security apps, I want to know what's happening, It was my initial attraction to VoodooShield but for average users FP's are too alarming/annoying, unfortunately.
we can agree to disagree about FP with F-Secure & with VS/CL. I rarely got FP with either, when I hear about reports FP with VS I always wonder how that reporter has VS configured (or misunderstands) as I rarely see any FP with VS (no offense intended). :unsure:

robboman

Level 2
Verified
Jul 11, 2018
Mostly agree but Avira's Sentry BB is not bad. Personally, I find it interesting to observe the detection name given by Sentry BB, as it is often very specific and can indicate the reason for a detection being triggered. Also, Sentry can revert any modifications made by a threat, which is currently unavailable in F-Secure's DeepGuard (Home version)...:)
Sentry BB came from Bullguard is that correct?

Kongo

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
oh fr!?!

I remember in the past, the free version only get 1 update per day while the paid versions get multiple updates per day.

I guess they had changed that a few years ago?

Avira antivirus now has protection against zero day threats??
Avira has a behaviour blocker, but I am pretty certain that it isn't that effective

lvseqiji

Level 2
Mar 30, 2022
oh fr!?!

I remember in the past, the free version only get 1 update per day while the paid versions get multiple updates per day.

I guess they had changed that a few years ago?

Avira antivirus now has protection against zero day threats??
The Free version has Sentry and APC, so yeah, it has decent protection against zero day threats.

Reactions: franz

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.