Battle F-Secure vs EmsiSoft - help me decide?

Compare list
F-Secure
EmsiSoft

CypherZero

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 1, 2017
F-Secure or Emsisoft - which would you choose... and why? I need some help deciding.

If I'm not mistaken, I think Emsisoft uses Bitdefender's signauress and F-Secure uses Avira's? So that would be one difference.
Behavior Blockers I've read are good in both.
F-Secure has DeepGuard (cloud component) - not sure if Emsisoft has an equivalent.

My questions come down to these:

1) which will give me the best overall protection? especially against Zero-Day threats.
2) which is better for ransomware protection?
3) Script protection?

Ultimately ... which would YOU choose between the two and WHY?

Thanks!!

P.S. Comments like: I've used "this one" and really like it aren't so helpful. Each has their fan base I know. I'm really looking more fore WHY one over the other. :)

MacDefender

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Oct 13, 2019
View attachment 264806View attachment 264807
i didn't say it wasn't available. i said if you only need it for one device, emsisoft is far cheaper. fsecure is double the price for one device. double is more than "a bit more expensive".

It’s worth mentioning that F-Secure resells licenses too while Emsisoft’s is first party only. The Serialcart discounted price linked elsewhere on this site, for example, is much lower. I purchased 2 years of TOTAL a while back for the price it’s quoting you for 1 year of SAFE.

BigWrench

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 13, 2014

✌️Peace to all

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
I forgot about @SerialCart .Thank's for the links @BigWrench . (y):emoji_beer:

SerialCart also beat my local reseller and for MT members it even exist an extra discount depending on ones user level:

But one reason why I personal still use my local option, is simply because I normally support local shops, companies in first hand if possible.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.