Facebook is running slow

kawrno

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Oct 8, 2016
Hi!

I am having problems visiting facebook.com and imperiaonline.org; other websites seem to be running fine. CPU meter gadget shows that whenever I am trying to visit facebook.com, my CPU usage is above 85% and RAM usage is above 95%. Did a Kaspersky scan few days ago, found a clean result; found a $RECYCLE.BIN folder in my drive however, and deleted it. Searched the internet for anti-malware tool and found ComboFix, scanned with it, but couldn't understand what to do next. A feature at imperiaonline.org doesn't work too; the support team said it has to do something with my browser. Re-installed Chrome, tried Mozilla, saw no improvement.

What should I do now?

The details has been filled up in the form above. Attaching the last ComboFix log with this thread.

kawrno

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Oct 8, 2016
Update:
Facebook is getting crashed often. Can't open 'messages'. imperiaonline.org isn't running at all, keeps loading. Problem browsing

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

ThomasTT

Oct 14, 2016
If your page layouts are not quite right or page loading is slow or unresponsive there are a couple of things you can try:
(1) Refresh--press the F5 function key
(2) Clear your browser cache and cookies. Here is an FAQ with links to support for various browsers

Upvote 0

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
It seems your computer suffered more on performance issues which will affect the browser for the whole time of surfing.

Why not revert the changes using system restore. Or make a general cleanup of junks.

Upvote 0

kawrno

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Oct 8, 2016
Within 1 week, my computer showed the blue-screen 5-6 times. Does that have any relation with this? How bad is that?

Also, it happened due to connecting to the internet by my modem, it seems to have some kind of clash with my Kaspersky. I don't no, but the modem can be connected at most 4-5 times, otherwise it results in blue-screen. So I have to uninstall and re-install my modem every day, even twice or thrice in a day to avoid crash.

I tried system restore, but it showed that the option was turned off the whole time, so there is no restore point. (Shouldn't 7 create a restore point automatically like XP?)

Upvote 0

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@kawrno: For Bluescreen it can be a software or hardware issues, likely you need to download BlueScreenView to determine the straightforward culprit through dumps.

Well by default System Restore points should be turn on unless its off because of numerous cumulative updates that taken down by unknown reason.

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.