Solved failed to startup

Status
Not open for further replies.

superboy123

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
May 1, 2012
i using window 7 ultimate 32bit...using acer aspire 4736z....my problem is this pitcure....go to this url>
http://postimage.org/image/mkzbxziph/

superboy123

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
May 1, 2012
I hope you can help me solve this problem....i does not have window 7 disk....how to do it....????

Upvote 0

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
superboy123 said:
I hope you can help me solve this problem....i does not have window 7 disk....how to do it....????

How did this issue started? D

Upvote 0

superboy123

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
May 1, 2012
I was full scan malwarebyte antimalware suddenly after 1hour show blue screen of dead...so i switch off the laptop...when i startup it show this..

Upvote 0

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Can you please try to run a scan with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool. You will need a USB (Flash) pendrive.

For x32 (x86) bit systems download Farbar Recovery Scan Tooland save it to a flash drive.
For x64 bit systems download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool x64 and save it to a flash drive.

Plug the flashdrive into the infected PC.

Enter System Recovery Options.

To enter System Recovery Options from the Advanced Boot Options:
  • Restart the computer.
  • As soon as the BIOS is loaded begin tapping the F8 key until Advanced Boot Options appears.
  • Click on Repair your computer menu item.
  • Select US as the keyboard language settings, and then click Next.
  • Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next.
  • Select your user account and click Next.
On the System Recovery Options menu you will get the following options:
Startup Repair
System Restore
Windows Complete PC Restore
Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool
Command Prompt

• Select Command Prompt
  • In the command window type in notepad and press Enter.
  • The notepad opens. Under File menu select Open.
  • Select "Computer" and find your flash drive letter and close the notepad.
  • In the command window type e:\frst.exe (for x64 bit version type e:\frst64) and press Enter
    Note: Replace letter e with the drive letter of your flash drive.
  • The tool will start to run.
  • When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the flash drive. Please copy and paste it to your reply.

Upvote 0

madyrocksin

Jul 30, 2012
sorry i dont know if i m allowed to comment or not,
i think that the os part of the hard disk got corrupted becoz of the BSOD, just for a check if it isn't related to hard disk,
insert a HBCD, boot into live XP and see if you can access your OS partition and its Files

(1st do what Jack has said)

Upvote 0

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
That is a common error for failed or corrupted hard drive.

Check the hard drive plugs and make sure that they are securely attached to both your hard drive and motherboard.

It is possible that your hard drive has died.

How old is your hard drive?

Enjoy!!:D

Upvote 0
P

Plexx

Had that exact issue with Rollback RX before.

You can try this:
Insert Windows 7 DVD, boot from disk, click repair computer, after awhile use Command prompt and run this command:

Chkdsk /r c: (or d: if you have a recovery partition).

Once done run this command:

bootrec.exe /fixboot

That should fix.

Chkdsk /r will take you awhile to complete. It might "hang" on step 4 for over an hour. If that is the case, close command prompt and run again the same command.

I had to do it twice to bypass the 50% mark in my case on step 4.

after the second time, I closed command prompt, ran the fixboot command and then was able to boot into windows to be able to schedule a chkdsk /r upon boot and not using the recovery console from windows 7 disk.

Once looged into windows, ensure you are on an administrator account and Run Command Prompt: Type the following commands in the order described (whats in bold):

fsutil dirty query c: (C drive being the one you have the OS installed)

Once done:
chkdsk c: /r

It will ask you to schedule on boot, do it and go make a coffee, eat and come back after 2 hours (on my 640gb hard disk is what it took).

That's how I resolved both the error you have had as well as the blew screen on boot which caused unmountable boot volume error.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.