Advice Request Fake AdGuard VPN on Google Play Store

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Solution
If you download it would Google Play Protect detects it as a fake?
Good question and I haven't tried. Mainly because I would hate to get something on my phone that I wouldn't want. I can still try check this app out a bit deeper elsewhere. I'll get back with the results asap.

Update.
Just wanna start by saying even this " developers " linked site screams fake/scam and using other companies/vendors names could also be a serious copyright infringement. People here on MT that maybe is active on Adguards forum/site could report this directly to Adguard, as I would guess that is a much faster/better approach.

@HarborFront , personal I have not found any specific fast way to test this app with Google Play Protect, other then...

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Just checked. Why is it still in Google Play Store?

1610931703775.png

1610931794688.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
If you download it would Google Play Protect detects it as a fake?
Good question and I haven't tried. Mainly because I would hate to get something on my phone that I wouldn't want. I can still try check this app out a bit deeper elsewhere. I'll get back with the results asap.

Update.
Just wanna start by saying even this " developers " linked site screams fake/scam and using other companies/vendors names could also be a serious copyright infringement. People here on MT that maybe is active on Adguards forum/site could report this directly to Adguard, as I would guess that is a much faster/better approach.

@HarborFront , personal I have not found any specific fast way to test this app with Google Play Protect, other then to actually download and install this on my phone. That won't happen and even if I can revert the phone later with a backup, it's not something I feel I want to fiddle with. It might work with Bluestacks or install Android on a VM. I did at least some basic tests.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Solution

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.