Solved Fake DVD player virus

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkme

Thread author
Jul 29, 2018
Hello all-
I'm new here & hoping you can help. I have a macOS High Sierra. The other day a notification popped up about updating Adobe Flash Player. As I was looking at it, it automatically downloaded a DVD player, even though I did not click on anything. I am unable to delete the app (screenshot below). I have read that this virus is very difficult to remove because it is recognized as part of the system. I have run both avast & malwarebytes, both of which found no issues. Any ideas of how to remove this fake DVD player without totally cleaning my system and starting over?
Thanks very much for any help.
~pk
Screen Shot 2018-07-29 at 4.22.04 PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.