Custom strict security rules.
SSL/TLS protocol filtering is disabled.
Telemetry/Data collection is disabled.
Periodic malware scanners
MBAM, HitmanPro and NPE.
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Google Chrome - uBlock Origin, ExpressVPN (including HTTPS Everywhere) and Bitwarden Ext.
Maintenance tools
Windows Built-in Tools, CCleaner Portable, Revo Uninstaller Pro 4 and SysHardener Portable.
File and Photo backup
External HDD and Google One/Drive w/ Cryptomator.
System recovery
Macrium Reflect Free
Risk factors
    • Gaming
    • Logging into my bank account
    • Browsing to popular websites
    • Streaming audio/video content from shady sites
    • Browsing to unknown / untrusted / shady sites
    • Working from home
    • Streaming audio/video content from trusted sites or paid subscriptions
Computer specs
-MSI GT63 Titan-052-
i7-8750H 2.2GHz up to 4.1GHz (Turbo Boost)
GTX 1080 8GB GDDR5X
16GB DDR4-2400 RAM
256GB SSD + 1TB HDD

FALLEN

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 13, 2015
Hello Everyone!

This is my security configuration for gaming laptop.

ESET.png

ESET Multi-Device Security license, also includes ESET's Windows (AV/IS), Mac, Android and Linux software products. I preferred only 1 device because, I don't need more ESET's products. Actually, my main product is KSC Personal.

Last edited:

Lightning_Brian

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Sep 1, 2017
Nice configuration there @FALLEN !! :)

Only thing I'd recommend looking into (and free) is viBoot! viBoot with Macrium Reflect (which you are using) is really robust and I would highly highly recommend the software! Link: Macrium Software | Macrium viBoot

Combine Macrium Reflect and viBoot and you got yourself one great backup program that can easily virtualize your system in a matter of minutes to test updates, software, tweaks, changes etc. without changing your system or the actual backup image. I really recommend this software. Maybe I should do a end-user training guide document on viBoot.... haha!

CCleaner Portable is nice. I have been using different software other than CCleaner now... after they had that breach in security a while back I kinda lost some faith in that company. The portable version has less security worries. With version 1809 you can no longer use older versions of CCleaner (many years old) as there are certain things that can become broken and Windows actually stops the application from running too.

Happy to see another person who uses GlassWire Elite! Nice!! (y)(y)(y)Coming from a Network Administration background myself I enjoy using this software - and I use it a lot with a combination of other Network Admin tools!

~Brian

Lightning_Brian

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Sep 1, 2017
@FALLEN

Great! Your most welcome @FALLEN ! Always happy to give others information to look into and read about. I may end up creating a user tutorial and or end user guide on viBoot as it is so cool and nifty. @harlan4096 & @JM Safe Do we have a good section for end-user training guides on MT?

Nice to hear the GW team is finally going to do some host blocking based on IP. Always wondered about that... @FALLEN

~Brian

D

Deleted member 178

Curious about why 2 VPN? For me mullvad is really good already, some features needed with Express?

Reactions: harlan4096
D

Deleted member 178

Oh.. I'm just testing WireGuard protocol and Mullvad Windows App. I like it but, It is not my main VPN. I bought only 1 month subscription.
Ah OK, I'm using Mullvad with Wireguard on my phones, works very well.

Reactions: harlan4096

JM Safe

Level 39
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
@FALLEN

Great! Your most welcome @FALLEN ! Always happy to give others information to look into and read about. I may end up creating a user tutorial and or end user guide on viBoot as it is so cool and nifty. @harlan4096 & @JM Safe Do we have a good section for end-user training guides on MT?

Nice to hear the GW team is finally going to do some host blocking based on IP. Always wondered about that... @FALLEN

~Brian
I would create a viBoot guide here: Backup & Sync

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.