Fantasy's Config

Jcwisgod

Level 2
Verified
Dec 4, 2013
Seems you got most of the basics covered, should probably start backing up though

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
I'm sure the software for back up recommended by Jcwsgod & JoeBlack are excellent,:) & wish I'd heard about them before having to refresh our Windows 8 system back in December!:rolleyes: I've been using a 495 MB external drive (memory stick) to back up our system since then. There was a funny coincidence today, and I'd needed to use that memory stick to keep the portable 64 Bit Cyberfox browser to which I've just finished adding many, though not all, of some of your favorite extensions!:D So, the files for our Windows 8.1 are currently backed up in a folder on an older Windows XP sp3 desktop screen!:p Thanks for sharing your configuration too Fantasy!:)

Last edited:
Y

yigido

Good config, thanks for sharing :) I am happy to see, you are using Cyberfox default :)

I

illumination

Good config.. I agree with above, some form of back up, whether you use something like windows built in, or a external HD to do so.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I'm not saying Windows 8.1 features are better (or worse), but I'm providing an alternate to third-party software.

Using File History and Creating a System Image backup in Windows 8.1
http://www.hanselman.com/blog/CreateACompleteSystemImageBackupWithWindows81AndFileHistory.aspx

Other options for help with Backup & Recovery:

Refresh and Reset options in Windows 8.1.
PC Settings > Update and Recovery > Recovery

You can Sync your PC settings to the cloud (stored on your OneDrive) and restore them after a reset, our personalised, apps for Store and other settings will be restored.
Microsoft account required: PC Settings > SkyDrive > Sync settings (for many different things).

Although optional you can start saving your documents to the cloud with OneDrive (SkyDrive), as well as keeping them offline.
Microsoft account required: PC Settings > SkyDrive > File Storage
(Bonus: How to get more storage for free)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.