Hot Take FastestVPN Lifetime plans

VPN and DNS
12 Replies 1,610 Views
Like Monty Python says, run away! There are two things wrong here. 1. Never trust a lifetime license a service. A product can be okay, but a service that intends to last and be viable will never offer a lifetime subscription. 2. FastestVPN is not reputable. It's like they are not even trying anymore. FastestVPN? Really? No. What's next, BuythisVPN? No. Just, no.
 
Never trust a lifetime license a service
Personally, if I decide to spend some money for software, in general I prefer to pay a one-time price rather than paying for a recurring subscription. It may happen that in the end you spent less by paying one-time for a lifetime license than by paying yearly for a recurring subscription. Unfortunately nowadays the lifetime licenses are very rare, including softwares not related to cybersecurity. Some developers offer both a recurring subscription than a lifetime license for their software, i.e CyberLock. Three years ago I decided to purchase a lifetime license for it ($ 90) rather than paying for a recurring yearly subscription ($ 30) so now I amortized the amount spent then and I'm still using CyberLock, of course. For completeness I must add that Dan, CyberLock's developer, other than a lifetime license, offers discounted prices for 2-year and 3-year subscriptions.
As I wrote at the beginning of this post, it's a personal choice.

FastestVPN is not reputable. It's like they are not even trying anymore. FastestVPN? Really?
I agree with you that the name FastestVPN is a bit pretentious but could you explain why you consider it not reputable ?
 
Last edited:
Last edited:
I have a couple of Lifetime licenses I bought a while ago, I used FastestVPN some time ago & IMHO was the worst VPN I've ever used slow & unstable - I got an almost free Lifetime for Oyster VPN last year, out of pure interest I tried it yesterday the speed was beyond horrendous, slow to connect, one server in UK, just in In my case I've waited many years to get cheap fast FFTP broadband & if I'm using a VPN I really want to get almost the speed I pay my ISP for.

The privacy policy for FastestVPN looks good after reading it, but I want a VPN that connects immediately to the server of my choice, gives me a choice of several servers in the UK if possible or at least more than one, & I want the VPN transparent in normal use - The IP's I they give me should not be blacklisted, as I have a VPN on 99% of the time it needs to be a good one & that I trust as much or more than my ISP, no up-sell, no bloat - For me AirVPN/Mullvad/Proton, etc cover those bases, cost isn't as relevant as my requirements, it does depend on our wants & needs, as to whether a we use a VPN at all is for the many threads on that :)
 
Last edited:
I have a lifetime subscription to FastestVPN, but it’s practically useless—I honestly feel like I’ve been scammed. I’m now looking into IceVPN by Iceprivacy (the same company behind Icedrive). Their lifetime plan is $249, but before I commit to that, I’d like to try it out for one month first.
 
I have a lifetime subscription to FastestVPN, but it’s practically useless—I honestly feel like I’ve been scammed. I’m now looking into IceVPN by Iceprivacy (the same company behind Icedrive). Their lifetime plan is $249, but before I commit to that, I’d like to try it out for one month first.
I agree, having a trial or getting a month of service is a very good idea especially when handing over $250, & then being able to se how the service works at different times etc, hope it goes OK with you :)
 
I agree, having a trial or getting a month of service is a very good idea especially when handing over $250, & then being able to se how the service works at different times etc, hope it goes OK with you :)
I’m still waiting for the iOS development. In fact, I’ve noticed a lot of people on Reddit complaining that the official forum only allows early registrants to post. Many users can't even report issues with Icedrive, let alone IceVPN, so I’m still taking a 'wait-and-see' approach.

Currently, I’ve heard rumors that IceVPN might be a white label of PureVPN. Also, the EU recently introduced age verification requirements for VPNs—could that be the reason for the delay in iOS development? I recall seeing the iOS version available on the official forum before, so why was it taken down? For those interested, I suggest keeping an eye on the situation for now.
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top