Advanced Plus Security Faybert Security Configuration (2018)

Last updated
Nov 4, 2018
Windows Edition
Enterprise
Security updates
Allow security updates and latest features
User Access Control
Always notify
Real-time security
FS Protection (F-Secure)
Firewall security
Microsoft Defender Firewall
Periodic malware scanners
Norton Power Eraser.
Malware sample testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Opera and Chrome - Speed Dial [FVD] | RSS Feed Reader | Bitwarden | AdGuard AdBlocker (Chrome) uBlock Origin (Opera) and Ghostery.
Maintenance tools
Wise Care 365 Portable
File and Photo backup
G Data Backup
System recovery
EaseUS Todo Backup Free

Faybert

Level 24
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 8, 2017
Removed:
x - G Data Internet Security
x - Windows 10

Added:
v - G Data Total Security
v - Windows 8.1

G Data Internet Security has always been good on my system, but I won a license TS, decided to install to take advantage of the best the G Data has to offer.

I was forced to go back to Windows 8.1, the 10 at the beginning was great, but over the days I noticed that it was "bloating", losing performance, and the chaussure of applications that Microsoft forces you to install, even if you uninstall, besides other problems.. Windows 8.1 was the one that gave me the best performance to date.

Logic: It is best to stay in what is working well for you.

Last edited:
D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

Hey, since you are using Opera, did you manage to make it work with G Data's Keylogger/BankGuard protection? The last time I tried adding Opera's process it didn't work and it was incompatible with keylogger protection. I wish they add support for more browsers. :coffee:

Reactions: Faybert and JM Safe

Faybert

Level 24
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 8, 2017
Hey, since you are using Opera, did you manage to make it work with G Data's Keylogger/BankGuard protection? The last time I tried adding Opera's process it didn't work and it was incompatible with keylogger protection. I wish they add support for more browsers. :coffee:
Hi davisd,
Sorry for the delay, I just saw this yesterday, I already had my opinion on your question, but to make everything more official, I contacted G Data regarding your doubt, here is the answer:
"Please note that the Bankguard is enabled by default for all browsers and so should be the keylogger.
To make sure that Opera is protected by the keylogger, please click on Keylogger protection under Browser/App protection and select the More options entry.
If Opera is not already inculded, it can be added by clicking on New and selecing its executable."

D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

If Opera is not already inculded, it can be added by clicking on New and selecing its executable.
Like they don't know already it's not included by default? :D
1.PNG
Just tried adding C:\Program Files\Opera\launcher.exe to keylogger protection, and according to SpyShelter Test Tool 1.21 typed keys in Opera (ver. 51.0.2830.40) are NOT encrypted. However, seems like Opera is now covered by the Exploit protection.
2.PNG
but not by the BankGuard.
3.PNG

Faybert

Level 24
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 8, 2017
View attachment 181763
Just tried adding C:\Program Files\Opera\launcher.exe to keylogger protection, and according to SpyShelter Test Tool 1.21 typed keys in Opera (ver. 51.0.2830.40) are NOT encrypted. However, seems like Opera is now covered by the Exploit protection.
View attachment 181764
View attachment 181765
I had already noticed this, I did one thing like this once and, for me, it also worked just the keylogger protection in Opera, since I do not do banking transactions on the web, I do not care, and if I did, I would use Chrome (y)

Islam Gamal

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Jan 25, 2018
Removed:
x - Firefox
Added:
v - Opera
Firefox consuming a lot of CPU, I don't like it, going back to good old Opera.
hi brother, can i ask you a question about G-data firewall??
should i keep the firewall on maximum protection or user defined ??
thanks in advance...

Reactions: Faybert

Faybert

Level 24
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 8, 2017
hi brother, can i ask you a question about G-data firewall??
should i keep the firewall on maximum protection or user defined ??
thanks in advance...
Hi,
on your question, I recommend using Firewall in the maximum configuration, the 'user-defined' option is for advanced/experienced users, if you fit into this (experienced) profile you can try, but remembering that the standard (normal) configuration of the G Data firewall will already give you a great protection (y)

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
View attachment 181763
View attachment 181764
View attachment 181765
I just realized GData isn't protecting Yandex even tho it's added to the list..

Lightning_Brian

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Sep 1, 2017
Do normal people have the ability to get enterprise? Been looking to upgrade from Home to something more secure like Pro/Enterprise. @LDogg

@Faybert Fantastic security setup! How did you get Enterprise - if you don't mind me asking? Seems like a super nice upgrade over W10 Home. How are you liking the latest FS Protection? Lots of great upgrades within that build I am hoping?

Sincerely,

Brian

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.