Danger faysalaltafmirza's Security Config

DeepWeb

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
Very light setup. (y)
But if you can try to switch to a Local Account unless you really really need to use a Microsoft Account.
What are your browser extensions? Do you use your admin account or a standard user account for daily use?

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
We recommend an on-demand scanner. Sometimes it's a good idea to scan from a different point of view.
It is scary to run malware tests in the real surroundings. :unsure:It feels like an act of igniting a house to confirm the fire resistance of home.

I only cared about these two points. Thanks for sharing.:)

Lightning_Brian

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Sep 1, 2017
I would not (under any circumstances) recommend running malicious software on a host PC. Please use VMware or VirtualBox by Oracle (free) if you would like to test. Even then you have to take more precautions then normal too. Link to VirtualBox (recommended): VirtualBox – Oracle VM VirtualBox

Please use some on demand scanners like ZAM, EEK, Norton Power Eraser.

Links:
Backup solutions are well recommended and I would say it is critical! Please choose from one of the two options below:
  1. AOMEI Backupper (Free): https://www.backup-utility.com/free-backup-software.html
  2. Macrium Reflect (Free look & into viBoot too which is free): Macrium Software | Macrium Reflect Free
I would also add some browser plugins like NoScript, and HTTPS Everywhere.

Please do not test on your physical host computer. While it may seem great to do this, but untimely you are playing with bad bad fire. Did I say bad? I mean terrible fire. While I don't want to come off as mean (not my intention) I would like for you to take some serious steps back. Personally, I would automatically assume your computer is compromised. I have seen people who test with malware, viruses, and malicious code on their host computers before. They told me "Oh yeah, I do testing on my host computer." I then ask them "Are you playing with fire?" They answer me "No, my computer is fine. I use a lot of security software" I then answer them "Are you sure?" That gets them to question things. I then provide them with all of the proof that I find that their system is indeed compromised and has been compromised for quite some time. Needless to say, these people stop testing on their physical computer imminently after I show them everything that is wrong with their computer. The only best route for them is a complete reformat of their computer and then learn from their mistake by using virtualization for testing among many other precautions. I'm not saying this would be your case too... However, I would strongly suggest that you look over your computer really good - with a fine tooth comb.

If you knew how far and to what great lengths I take when testing software or malware you would drop testing on your host computer with a click of your computer mouse. Like others have said and I cannot stress it enough - please take more precautions and cease testing on your physical host computer. Virtual environments are much better in this case - heavily locked down and segmented virtual environments.

Sincerely,

Brian

Reactions: harlan4096

Faybert

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 8, 2017
Good?!

Running malicious software on the Host PC is not recommended.
Yes, a good setup, it uses Windows 10, SmartScreen enabled, automatic updates, uses a good AV, makes monthly backups, I gave my opinion on what it has installed to protect it, now if it does tests with virus in a VM or not, that's another story (a habit of him), but it was just a lack of attention from me on the line 'Testing AV's with Malware Samples:' otherwise it would be obvious that I would inform you that it is risky.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Yes, a good setup, it uses Windows 10, SmartScreen enabled, automatic updates, uses a good AV, makes monthly backups, I gave my opinion on what it has installed to protect it, now if it does tests with virus in a VM or not, that's another story (a habit of him), but it was just a lack of attention from me on the line 'Testing AV's with Malware Samples:' otherwise it would be obvious that I would inform you that it is risky.
I understand now, but even if 100 programs were recommended, OP would still be at risk and potentially placing others on the same network at risk from their actions.

Windows 10 might be the most secure Windows OS to date, but stupidity cannot be cured.

Faybert

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 8, 2017
I understand now, but even if 100 programs were recommended, OP would still be at risk and potentially placing others on the same network at risk from their actions.

Windows 10 might be the most secure Windows OS to date, but stupidity cannot be cured.
(y)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.