SOLVED FileZilla virus

Discussion in 'Malware Removal Assistance For Windows' started by JammerW, Feb 5, 2015.

Need Malware Removal Help?

We offer free malware removal assistance to our members. Sign Up now, and get free malware removal support.

1. JammerW

JammerW New Member

Feb 5, 2015
    Infection date and initial symptoms:
    4th feb 2015 downloaded FileZilla unfortunately from this site http://sourceforge.net/projects/filezilla/
    Avg warned me of a Trojan and to remove it. Which I accepted then taplika loaded on my browser then another message from avg said to restart laptop to remove any threat.
    Current issues and symptoms:
    Still have black screen with pointer when I log into windows. Looked at task manager and 2 runonce.exe are running. If I end task on those my desktop is displayed.
    Steps taken in order to remove the infection:
    Put laptop into safe mode and ran avg whole comp scan. Lots of files locked. Not scanned. Ok messages. Don't have scan report with me at the mo. But didn't seem to make any difference.
    Help.

Yesterday I downloaded FileZilla unfortunately from this site http://sourceforge.net/projects/filezilla/
    Avg warned me of a Trojan and to remove it. Which I accepted then taplika loaded on my browser then another message from avg said to restart laptop to remove any threat. So I did. Restarted and logged in to my laptop then all I had was a black screen with pointer. Could access task manager to open program's.

I Put laptop into safe mode and ran avg whole comp scan. Lots of files locked. Not scanned. Ok messages. Don't have scan report with me at the mo. But didn't seem to make any difference.

I Still have black screen with pointer when I log into windows. Looked at task manager and 2 runonce.exe are running. If I end task on those my desktop is displayed.

Hope someone can help.

2. TwinHeadedEagle

TwinHeadedEagle Removal Expert
    Staff Member

Mar 8, 2013
    Malware Removal, Gaming
    Windows 7
    ESET
  3. JammerW

JammerW New Member

Feb 5, 2015
    Thanks for the reply.. sorry i haven't replied earlier, I wasn't at my laptop today.
    I have downloaded and run the recovery scan tool and have now uploaded the .txt files

Thanks
    Jamie

Attached Files:

4. TwinHeadedEagle

Staff Member

Mar 8, 2013
    Malware Removal, Gaming
    Windows 7
    ESET
    [​IMG] Fix with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

[​IMG] This fix was created for this user for use on that particular machine. [​IMG]
    [​IMG] Running it on another one may cause damage and render the system unstable. [​IMG]

Download attached fixlist.txt file and save it to the Desktop:

Both files, FRST and fixlist.txt have to be in the same location or the fix will not work!

• Right-click on [​IMG] icon and select [​IMG] Run as Administrator to start the tool.
      (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File).
    • Press the Fix button just once and wait.
    • If for some reason the tool needs a restart, please make sure you let the system restart normally. After that let the tool complete its run.
    • When finished FRST will generate a log on the Desktop, called Fixlog.txt.

Please attach it to your reply.

Attached Files:

5. JammerW

JammerW New Member

Feb 5, 2015
    Ok done that.. I have attached the fixlog.txt and also a screenshot.
    You can see on bottom bar there is still a link to taplinka.

Thanks

jamie

Attached Files:

6. TwinHeadedEagle

Staff Member

Mar 8, 2013
    Malware Removal, Gaming
    Windows 7
    ESET
    How is your PC now?

7. JammerW

JammerW New Member

Feb 5, 2015
    rebooted fine without the black screen now. but still has taplika (downloaded with affected software) link in the toolbar??

8. TwinHeadedEagle

Staff Member

Mar 8, 2013
    Malware Removal, Gaming
    Windows 7
    ESET
    Can you explain?

9. JammerW

JammerW New Member

Feb 5, 2015
    sure.
    Taplika (which i understand is a browser hacker) is still showing in my taskbar. (see uploaded image) It looks like the link no longer exists though. So i am guessing it is ok just to delete the shortcut.

Attached Files:

10. TwinHeadedEagle

Staff Member

Mar 8, 2013
    Malware Removal, Gaming
    Windows 7
    ESET
    Yes, just delete it.

11. JammerW

JammerW New Member

Feb 5, 2015