Finnster's Config

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finnster

Thread author
Aug 27, 2017
This is my security config. No major infections since I have adopted this security configuration a two years ago.
-Finnster

Last edited:
Reactions: brambedkar59

Dave Russo

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 26, 2014
I agree with Trickster,lose Malwarebytes full time protection,A lot of resource saved,Try voodoshield free if your worried about losing anti-exploit with your Malwarebytes,way lighter, great Virus Total scanner,Macrium has nice free product like Frogboy suggest,gl

Reactions: lowdetection

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Implement a system & data backup solution.
For system image backups Macrium Reflect & AOMEI Backupper both offer good free versions.
As for Data you have "Custom Backups" but what do you use?
Backing up to an external drive is preferable even if you are using cloud storage.
I agree in using MBAM as on demand and using BTS as your only real time protection.
I also agree in removing WOT.
Consider CCleaner if not already installed.
Apart from no system backup you have a nice secure Config! Thanks for sharing it with us :)

JHomes

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2016
Rollback Rx Home for Data Backup
Macrium Reflect for System Backup

Both will work great and are free.

Reactions: lowdetection
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.