Advice Request Firefox 57 are you looking forward to it?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kev216

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
I gave up firefox already a few years ago. Now it's a modern looking browser from the outside, but the inside is still old. After all those years they are finally doing something about that with their servo project, but in my eyes they come mutliple years too late. It's like they don't know what they have to do with it. It's still the browser that is on my pc quite slow and that I can make crashing in 5 minutes. Still the same unresolved and annoying bugs. Copying others, almost no innovation and they are just removing features out of the browser for no reason, but instead they add addons like pocket (and now they are experimenting with Cliqz) by default...
They want to look like Chrome with their australis project, with electrolysis they want multiple processes just like Chrome, they want webextensions like Chrome, they changed their settings pages in tabs like Chrome, they are looking into getting PAPPI instead of NPAPPI like, you know, Chrome....
And now with Servo they want slowly getting Gecko more modern, but in the stage that Chromium now is, it still would take them far too much time to be at the same level.
Palemoon is the way to go for good old firefox fans or you just make the switch to a Chromium based browser.

Svoll

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
I am going the route of CyberFox and Vivaldi browsers.

Seriously no one uses Opera? Why?

It has built-in ad blocker, VPN and battery saver. If you enable Opera Turbo on slow network, you can actually surf faster. You can also install Chrome extensions if you install Download Chrome Extensions.

I tested Opera and I have different results than you do on my laptop. It seems a lot slower in comparison to Waterfox or Vivaldi. Safari is fastest on the MBP, but the lack of addons and customization deters me from using it fulltime. It is still my go to browser for online banking.

RejZoR

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 26, 2016
Chrome addons are all garbage. Main reason why I'm sticking with Firefox is excellent addons. If they ruin that, I don't see much point in using it anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Sr. Normal 2.0

Marko :)

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 12, 2015
I am going the route of CyberFox and Vivaldi browsers.

I tested Opera and I have different results than you do on my laptop. It seems a lot slower in comparison to Waterfox or Vivaldi. Safari is fastest on the MBP, but the lack of addons and customization deters me from using it fulltime. It is still my go to browser for online banking.
What results are you talking about? ;)

In my case, Opera is faster than Chrome, Firefox and other browsers. About Firefox, Waterfox, Pale Moon and other Mozilla based browsers, I don't like them because of cold start. While Opera starts for cca. 3 sec (on cold start), Firefox and other browsers takes forever and when they start, they are laggy for few minutes. If web page has flash content, Firefox freezes while Chrome, Opera and other Chromium browsers don't.

S

Sr. Normal 2.0

Firefox is my second browser, after Opera, when before it was always my default browser

I keep it on my computer by the extensions, (just the opposite of Edge), but if its innovation consists of an involution I think it will lose millions of users. It is the default browser in tmost of linux distros and all those who have been hitting the keyboard for many years, however, I notice that new generations look at Firefox as an old dinosaur and it is not just ahead by opera, Vivaldi , Cent and others, if not for their own based in (Cyberfox, Palemoon ...)

I, who am also an old dinosaur, I want them to recover their personal seal, that which has made them so great, now seems a transatlantic boat with a monkey drunk as a helmsman, giving flocks from one place to another without us to see if they really know where and how they want to go.

Obviously all this is my personal opinion, are the feelings that I collect, perhaps because I do not like changes, but I do not like the guidelines that Firefox is taking

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.