Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Hi again. Everything seems to be working OK since I disabled Hardware acceleration (y)
so it's similar to google chrome 63 on its first release. Same bug which made video playing buggy. Google fixed it so hopefully, mozilla will fix it soon because without HW acceleration, CPU usage will be x2-3 higher and slower

GonzitoVir

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
May 16, 2017
so it's similar to google chrome 63 on its first release. Same bug which made video playing buggy. Google fixed it so hopefully, mozilla will fix it soon because without HW acceleration, CPU usage will be x2-3 higher and slower
Yes my friend! HW acceleration is one of the features that makes Firefox faster and better systemwise.
Let's hope Mozilla fixes it soon ;)
Thank you for your help!

zzz00m

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jun 10, 2017
Sounds like a good reason to hold at version 57 until Mozilla fixes the HW acceleration in the new version.

Reactions: GonzitoVir

zzz00m

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jun 10, 2017
then why someone will need a new profile if they go to ESR? probably author meant that if you upgrade to 58 and after that you want to downgrade or go to ESR you gonna need a new profile?

p.s. didnot knew about ESR... its pretty nice :) going to use it in some places
release-overview.e70c7ac4b674.png

This forum is a good resource for all things Mozilla! There are probably a few gurus over there who can assist with profile issues. Index page • mozillaZine Forums

I use ESR on one WinXP machine. It's the only version of Firefox that will run on that one, for now anyway. Not sure how long they will support XP.

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
I also had problems with videos, crashed several times, especially in high resolution, horrible performance.

I have restarted my laptop and nothing. The problem persists. I hope Mozilla releases a fix soon!
If YT video has loaded, use seek bar to point ahead and that might fix it. Otherwise update your GPU drivers, sometimes those strange issues are fixed in newer driver release.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.