Firefox 6.0 to ship today

Status
Not open for further replies.

win7holic

Thread author
Apr 20, 2011
Mozilla are planning to release 6.0 to the web later today, just 2 months after Firefox 5.0 made it's way out of beta and a month after 5.0.1 was released in July.

Mozilla introduced a beta and development channel (much like that of Google Chrome) called Beta and Aurora respectively after Firefox 4.0 shipped, which has sped up their release cycle dramatically; they also have a "Nightly" channel which are development versions made available to testers without the quality assurance testing the other two channels do get.
read more

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
What I can say is, I'm really impressed with the Work of Mozilla with the rapid release of Firefox versions. Thanks for the heads up win7holic, I'll be waiting for this. :)

win7holic

Thread author
Apr 20, 2011
BoXX28 said:
What I can say is, I'm really impressed with the Work of Mozilla with the rapid release of Firefox versions. Thanks for the heads up win7holic, I'll be waiting for this. :)

thanks boxx :)
me too, wait for this.

K__M

Jun 14, 2011
umbrapolaris said:
Tomo172 said:
Nice. hopefully the majority of addons will remain intact in the release.

that is my main question too

When i used the beta all my addons were intact.

- AdBlock Plus
- LastPass

And more.. So that will not be a problem.

Hungry Man

Jul 21, 2011
Developers are probably starting to get used to the new release cycle. Until then you can use the nightly tester tools.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Most of the addons are already compatible even in the nightly/aurora/beta version to make sure it will work properly.

I

illumination

That is good to hear about the plug ins, was wondering about it myself with the new release. I will be trying the new 6.0

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
On every major version its like they upload first through FTP before it will show on their website.

I

illumination

It is released here, updated through the browser. Start up times have greatly improved.. Feeling good so far!

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Cause of your stated post that was released through updater, I decided to do it and must say another well done version indeed.

I

illumination

jamescv7 said:
Cause of your stated post that was released through updater, I decided to do it and must say another well done version indeed.

It is very well done indeed! I have only found one plug in that was not compatible so far today, and that I found, right away with the installation, and it was the Cocoon plug in.. So i removed it for time being..

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
thewolfsmith72 said:
I have only found one plug in that was not compatible so far today, and that I found, right away with the installation

I had six... :( Nothing major, but still functionality that I miss.

I'm really not a fan of this new numbering system... :mad:

win7holic

Thread author
Apr 20, 2011
i'll not update to v6, until all my add-on already compatible to run on v6.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Firefox always seem to have compatibility issues with new releases and add-ons. :-/

mhartsellm

Mar 8, 2011
All my add-ons are working including Norton Toolbar and the new browser release feels "snappier" at least so far. Good job Mozilla!!

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
All of my addons are compatible, Security Search Engine have the update and seems to fix the incompatible issue while Trafficlight is still not compatible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.