Solved Firefox First Page Loading Slow

Status
Not open for further replies.

firestr001

Level 2
Thread author
Jul 22, 2012
Sorry if there is thread related to this topic, If yes please provide the link.

Now here's my problem when I open my Firefox browser the first page that is my Google home page or what ever may be the first page is taking sometime to load.

If some knows how to fix it please tell me. I am using latest Firefox stable 18 version.

I have been using Adblock Plus, DoNotTrackMe, Autopager, Google Translator, FBToolbar Button, IDM CC, Evernote Web Clipper, Clearly, PDF Viewer, Super Start, Tab Scope, Tab Badge addons installed. I have cleaned my browsing history too with JetClean.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
RE: FIREFOX FIRST PAGE LOADING SLOW.

Did you check if has anything to do with your extensions?...
Try to start Firefox without any add-ons and see if this will fix the issue..
How to start Firefox in Safe Mode
  1. At the top of the Firefox window, click the Firefox button, go over to the Help menu and select Restart with Add-ons Disabled
  2. Firefox will start up with the Firefox Safe Mode dialog.
  3. You now have two options:
    2012-07-27-09-26-19-ee761a.png

Click on the Start in Safe Mode button will temporarily disable your extensions and themes, turn off hardware acceleration and reset toolbar and button customizations.

Note: When you leave Safe Mode and start Firefox up normally, your extensions, themes, and settings will return to the state they were in before you entered Safe Mode.

Upvote 0

firestr001

Level 2
Thread author
Jul 22, 2012

Jack said:
Did you check if has anything to do with your extensions?...
Try to start Firefox without any add-ons and see if this will fix the issue..
How to start Firefox in Safe Mode
  1. At the top of the Firefox window, click the Firefox button, go over to the Help menu and select Restart with Add-ons Disabled
  2. Firefox will start up with the Firefox Safe Mode dialog.
  3. You now have two options:
    2012-07-27-09-26-19-ee761a.png

Click on the Start in Safe Mode button will temporarily disable your extensions and themes, turn off hardware acceleration and reset toolbar and button customizations.

Note: When you leave Safe Mode and start Firefox up normally, your extensions, themes, and settings will return to the state they were in before you entered Safe Mode.

Nope that did not work.

Upvote 0

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011

Tried un-installing it and installing it again?

Edit: Fixed grammar.

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 178

If it is not the addons, it is the AV, if not, it may be FF itself so uninstall it, clean everything and reinstall it.

Upvote 0

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
Hello firestr001,

Please don't type in all CAPS when posting. It is considered shouting and should not be done to draw attention. I have reverted your posts from all CAPS to lower case / Capital.

:)

Upvote 0

firestr001

Level 2
Thread author
Jul 22, 2012
i have uninstalled and reinstalled a newly downloaded version from filehippo now but i didnt remove my personalisation and settings while uninstalling but even though that didnt work.

Upvote 0

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
What antivirus are you using?Is only the first page loading slow or any page?

Upvote 0

firestr001

Level 2
Thread author
Jul 22, 2012
first page whenever i close and open firefox. i use webroot secureanywhere antivirus along with malwarebytes antimalwre

Upvote 0

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Have you tried disabling your Realtime Security?

Else create a new Profile in Firefox.

Upvote 0

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Lets try to reset firefox its default settings to see if this will fix your issue:
  1. At the top of the Firefox window, click the Firefox button, go over to the Help sub-menu
  2. Click the Reset Firefox button in the upper-right corner of the Troubleshooting Information page.
    2012-05-08-13-41-07-3fdfa1.png
  3. To continue, click Reset Firefox in the confirmation window that opens.

Next,if reseting didn't help, you can try the below tweak:

Click on the Firefox button, select Options, and on the Advanced General, uncheck "Use hardware acceleration when available", then restart Firefox and see if this fixed your issue.

Upvote 0

firestr001

Level 2
Thread author
Jul 22, 2012
Jack said:
Lets try to reset firefox its default settings to see if this will fix your issue:
  1. At the top of the Firefox window, click the Firefox button, go over to the Help sub-menu
  2. Click the Reset Firefox button in the upper-right corner of the Troubleshooting Information page.
    2012-05-08-13-41-07-3fdfa1.png

Click on the Firefox button, select Options, and on the Advanced General, uncheck "Use hardware acceleration when available", then restart Firefox and see if this fixed your issue.

thanks a lot now its working fine as usual fast. :)

Upvote 0

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
firestr001 said:
Jack said:

Can you confirm that your issue has been resolved completely?

Upvote 0

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
firestr001 said:
What fixed your issue (other may have this problem, so it would be be a good thing to share the fix):

1. Restarting Firefox to its default settings

OR

2. Disabling Use hardware acceleration when available.

Upvote 0

firestr001

Level 2
Thread author
Jul 22, 2012
MrXidus said:
firestr001 said:
Jack said:
    http://support.cdn.mozilla.net/media/uploads/gallery/images/2012-05-08-13-41-07-3fdfa1.png

Can you confirm that your issue has been resolved completely?

yes my issue has been completely solved.thanks for all the help :)

Upvote 0

firestr001

Level 2
Thread author
Jul 22, 2012
Jack said:
firestr001 said:
What fixed your issue (other may have this problem, so it would be be a good thing to share the fix):

1. Restarting Firefox to its default settings

OR

2. Disabling Use hardware acceleration when available.

Restarting Firefox to its default settings solved my issue.

Upvote 0

Ramblin

Level 3
May 14, 2011
firestr001 said:
how to create a new profile while keeping the existing one?

Display Run command by pressing "Windows+R".

Type "firefox.exe -p" to get the Firefox window where you can create new profiles. You can keep your existing profile and create other profiles for different purposes.

Bo

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.