Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Focus by Firefox is a content blocker for Safari that improves the privacy and performance of your mobile browsing experience by blocking analytics, social and advertising trackers. Focus by Firefox is free, open source and backed by Mozilla, a trusted brand committed to user choice and transparency.

Content Blocking + Tracking Protection
  • Offers next-level privacy by blocking many common Web trackers in Safari.
  • Lets you control the types of page content allowed on your browser.

Find out more: Focus by Firefox – Content Blocking for the Open Web

Reactions: souhrid and Dirk41

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Major Update to Focus by Firefox

Browse like no one’s watching. The new Firefox Focus automatically blocks a wide range of online trackers — from the moment you launch it to the second you leave it. Easily erase your history, passwords and cookies, so you won’t get followed by things like unwanted ads.

“Private browsing” on most browsers isn’t comprehensive or easy to use. Focus is next-level privacy that’s free, always on and always on your side — because it’s backed by Mozilla, the non-profit that fights for your rights on the Web.

AUTOMATIC PRIVACY
  • Blocks a wide range of common Web trackers without any settings to set
  • Easily erases your history — no passwords, no cookies, no trackers
BROWSE FASTER
  • By removing trackers and ads, Web pages may require less data and load faster
MADE BY MOZILLA
  • We believe everyone should have control over their lives online. That’s what we’ve been fighting for since 1998.
What's New in Version 2.0
  • Firefox Focus is all-new!
  • Focus automatically blocks ads and other online trackers
  • Web pages may load faster by removing trackers
Find out more: Introducing Firefox Focus – a free, fast and easy to use private browser for iOS

iOS-Focus.png

Reactions: Dirk41 and ttto

Dirk41

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 17, 2016
I tried FF month ago , due to a problem with safari, and it seemed really faster.
but I thought safari would have been better for security..because I read that if you get some malicious ads that stucks to safari, just clear browser data..it happened once to me (a pop up "you won something "that did not get away) and I did it

maybe FF can do the same..I don't know

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
You can tap the Open In icon in the Top Right to launch the tab with Safari or other browser.

Reactions: Dirk41

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Thank you but I meant more than one tab in FF focus .
Defeats the purpose of a Privacy browser; quick search, browse and erase.

Firefox on Android and iOS isn't that good, that's why I prefer Focus with its built-in content blocking.

Reactions: Dirk41

Dirk41

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 17, 2016
I was trying to understand what filters/ other it uses to block things .. I am reading here it uses disconnect list

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.