Advice Request Firefox is writing like 2.43 TB of data to SSD in 24 hours, How to change it?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

ItsReallyMe

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Dec 21, 2017
1599546093676.png

Firefox written 2.43 TB to the SSD, its degrading soo fast, is there anyway to change the location of the C:\Users\Xa\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\gn523c9n.default-release\sessionstore-backups\recovery.jsonlz4 file saved.

It is the Recovery.Json file which is writing that much data!
I don't want to reduce the time that recovery.json writing to the disk, may be is there anyway to change recovery.json file save location to my HDD?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Firefox version & branch?

Have you checked on the Mozilla forums, if others are affected by this? And possible solution shared by others?

Old article, but may still be helpful.
browser.sessionstore.interval

Edit: If you install Firefox to Program Files, or by using Portable builds?

ItsReallyMe

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Dec 21, 2017
Firefox version & branch?

Have you checked on the Mozilla forums, if others are affected by this? And possible solution shared by others?

Old article, but may still be helpful.
browser.sessionstore.interval

Edit: If you install Firefox to Program Files, or by using Portable builds?
is there anyway to move the location of appdata to another drive?

Reactions: Cortex

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
View attachment 246058

Firefox written 2.43 TB to the SSD, its degrading soo fast, is there anyway to change the location of the C:\Users\Xa\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\gn523c9n.default-release\sessionstore-backups\recovery.jsonlz4 file saved.

It is the Recovery.Json file which is writing that much data!
I don't want to reduce the time that recovery.json writing to the disk, may be is there anyway to change recovery.json file save location to my HDD?
In real life, it won't hurt your SSD. See the comments here:

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
But in 222 days, PC written 41 TB, Is it normal?
I would run the disk health tool from the manufacturer of your SSD, and see what it says. If in 2/3 of a year it degraded 2% or 3%, then you have a few decades left in which to use your SSD, by which time it will be a museum piece. No one will even remember what an SSD is because we will be using Z-Plutonium quantum alternative-universe3 memory, or something like that.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Reactions: Cortex and shmu26

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.