ItsReallyMe

Level 5
1599546093676.png

Firefox written 2.43 TB to the SSD, its degrading soo fast, is there anyway to change the location of the C:\Users\Xa\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\gn523c9n.default-release\sessionstore-backups\recovery.jsonlz4 file saved.

It is the Recovery.Json file which is writing that much data!
I don't want to reduce the time that recovery.json writing to the disk, may be is there anyway to change recovery.json file save location to my HDD?

Spawn

Administrator
Verified
Staff member
Firefox version & branch?

Have you checked on the Mozilla forums, if others are affected by this? And possible solution shared by others?

Old article, but may still be helpful.
browser.sessionstore.interval

Edit: If you install Firefox to Program Files, or by using Portable builds?

ItsReallyMe

Level 5
Firefox version & branch?

Have you checked on the Mozilla forums, if others are affected by this? And possible solution shared by others?

Old article, but may still be helpful.
browser.sessionstore.interval

Edit: If you install Firefox to Program Files, or by using Portable builds?
is there anyway to move the location of appdata to another drive?

Reactions: Cortex

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Trusted
Content Creator
View attachment 246058

Firefox written 2.43 TB to the SSD, its degrading soo fast, is there anyway to change the location of the C:\Users\Xa\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\gn523c9n.default-release\sessionstore-backups\recovery.jsonlz4 file saved.

It is the Recovery.Json file which is writing that much data!
I don't want to reduce the time that recovery.json writing to the disk, may be is there anyway to change recovery.json file save location to my HDD?
In real life, it won't hurt your SSD. See the comments here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/firefox/comments/927adl/_/e34bjj9

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Trusted
Content Creator
But in 222 days, PC written 41 TB, Is it normal?
I would run the disk health tool from the manufacturer of your SSD, and see what it says. If in 2/3 of a year it degraded 2% or 3%, then you have a few decades left in which to use your SSD, by which time it will be a museum piece. No one will even remember what an SSD is because we will be using Z-Plutonium quantum alternative-universe3 memory, or something like that.

Spawn

Administrator
Verified
Staff member
Reactions: Cortex and shmu26