Serious Discussion Harmony Endpoint by Check Point

Trident

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
Is it possible to send a sample for threat emulation from the web panel or is it required to implement an endpoint?
Emulation is available only through the endpoint client.
IM BACK!!!!!!!!!!! oh and i found a checkpoint key on some like reseller for like 20 bucks it was on sale ig i forgot website btw ;-;
I saw it for 20 quid on the UK government website here, but it doesn’t include threat emulation. The version with threat emulation is 34 quid.
I logged into my console today and saw something similar? I assume my user error... :unsure:
I had that too, it was an issue with the monthly licensing. For issues like this, Lithify support should be contacted.

Reactions: piquiteco

likeastar20

Level 8
Verified
Mar 24, 2016
Emulation is available only through the endpoint client.

I saw it for 20 quid on the UK government website here, but it doesn’t include threat emulation. The version with threat emulation is 34 quid.

I had that too, it was an issue with the monthly licensing. For issues like this, Lithify support should be contacted.
How do you buy it from the uk website?

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Yes, contacted Lithify and it seems to be straightened out now and after they fixed monthly license, I went ahead and paid for a year.
Do you use Harmony to protect your macOS?

cartaphilus

Level 5
Mar 17, 2023
So I was having some permission issues and I have installed and configured HC before I installed Harmony. So to solve the permission issues I disabled HC protections (the two bottom buttons) and it was fine, no issue doing that. But it still didn't solve my problem.

So I decided to use the HC revert to Windows default function which also resets the firewall and removes the lolbin blocks. And boy Harmony went bonkers calling HC a trojan then a ransomware and encryptor. It was fun. Then it eventually just froze. Hahaha.

Reboot worked fine.

• HaHa
Reactions: piquiteco

Xeno1234

Level 14
Jun 12, 2023
Does Checkpoint Harmony have any "Anti-Rookit" technologies besides for detection like Kaspersky for example, by providing low level file access, and a few other things?

cartaphilus

Level 5
Mar 17, 2023
Never turn that NextDNS setting on if something needs to phone home. 'Nuff said.
Well I was blocking it so ET couldn't phone home. Now that I unblocked it, suddenly we have major network news that aliens are real. So, it's all my fault. Sorry. Please forgive me.

Be right back there is a knock on my door

likeastar20

Level 8
Verified
Mar 24, 2016
@Trident when you have time, can you add more details about Harmony's features on the front page, "About Features" section. A few things are missing. For example, I remember you saying that it gets cloud feeds from Kaspersky and another vendor? Things like that, where you go into detail about the features...

Xeno1234

Level 14
Jun 12, 2023
Also not many people at all know this.... Kaspersky sells a slightly worse engine version to checkpoint
I mean, it makes sense. But you have Threat Emulation and Checkpoints Engines to compensate.

no, on vt for some reason checkpoint uses kaspersky there.
Its scanner in my opinion is the best of the ones on Virus Total, makes sense.

its just kaspersky..... also it does miss things...
Yes, but so does every other scanner.

I have a large bias for Kaspersky, as its the only AV thats saved me from Active Infection, multiple times.

Reactions: Dave Russo

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.