Serious Discussion Harmony Endpoint by Check Point

Xeno1234

Level 14
Jun 12, 2023
I was testing checkpoint yesterday and I am wondering, why were some files not sent for threat emulation (the emulation outside of the extension) These files were under 50mb and were types that were supported by the engine.

Xeno1234

Level 14
Jun 12, 2023
According to AV Comparatives, Harmony lacks a hook for the Kernal Space, and cannot monitor API calls within the Kernel. Is this true, and if so, what impact does this have on its detection capabilities?

Reactions: Dave Russo

Xeno1234

Level 14
Jun 12, 2023
How does Harmony handle ransomware?
Harmony utilizes many methods. You have threat emulation, threat reputation, Kaspersky /Sophos and CheckPoint Harmony local anti malware engines, and a anti-ransomware component which places honeypot files on the PC, and if they are modified, it remediates the infection.
The Honey Pot Component is the last line of defense, and is bypassed by anti-honeypot ransomware.

Last edited:

Trident

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
I am delighted to introduce my website (still in development but will be complete soon), where users can find great deal of Check Point information, and guess what... you will be able to purchase Check Point products as well. I need to complete some legal procedures to protect myself before though.

Please find the website below.

Feedback is welcome.

Freki123

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Aug 10, 2013
Feedback is welcome.
I like the idea.
For me I find lettering like "Why your Home AV Will Most Likely Fail" or "Attackers Have Upped their Game. Your Security Hasn't." strange.
"STATIC ANALYSIS (NGAV) BASED ON DEEP LEARNING, ABLE TO CATCH THREATS BEFORE ATTACKERS HAVE STARTED THINKING ABOUT CREATING THEM"
Nearly all text is in caps which always reminds me of screaming. I'd rather have it written a normal way and used some bold here and there.
Since I'm not native in English I can always be way off with any suggestions but I wanted to provide my view for it. I wish you good luck with your business :)

Xeno1234

Level 14
Jun 12, 2023
I am delighted to introduce my website (still in development but will be complete soon), where users can find great deal of Check Point information, and guess what... you will be able to purchase Check Point products as well. I need to complete some legal procedures to protect myself before though.

Feedback is welcome.
Try expanding to not just Checkpoint. I think having different EDRs for different needs on your site would be a good way to make it appeal to more people.

Trident

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
Try expanding to not just Checkpoint. I think having different EDRs for different needs on your site would be a good way to make it appeal to more people.
Definitely, once you partner with one, partnering with others is way easier. But at the same time, I don’t want to offer products just for the sake of offering them and making a buck, I wanna offer products in whose quality I am confident.

Xeno1234

Level 14
Jun 12, 2023
Definitely, once you partner with one, partnering with others is way easier. But at the same time, I don’t want to offer products just for the sake of offering them and making a buck, I wanna offer products in whose quality I am confident.
Yeah. Do a mix of both - try to get a buck by endorcing products you like, but only you ones you like.

I also think you might want to rework the color scheme eventually. I don’t think it’s bad but at some parts the text is a bit hard to read as it blends in.

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017

Feedback is welcome.
your name is Boris? In my mind's eye, I never pictured Trident = Boris (fwiw). Going back to Rocky & Bulwinkle... (this is perhaps before you were born?)

Xeno1234

Level 14
Jun 12, 2023

Feedback is welcome.
The site says Checkpoint has Default Deny? Since when?

coolcfan

Feb 21, 2015

Feedback is welcome.
The website design, or click path, is a bit complicated. If currently the main goal is to sell Checkpoint Harmony, why not make it straight forward like checkpoint.direct?

By the way with a short trial of Harmony, the most strange part to me is the client UI --- when you resize the window, it just zooms in/out the content...

Trident

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
The website design, or click path, is a bit complicated. If currently the main goal is to sell Checkpoint Harmony, why not make it straight forward like checkpoint.direct?
I can not guarantee that the main point will remain selling Check Point Harmony to be honest. It will definitely be on the portfolio but not only.

By the way with a short trial of Harmony, the most strange part to me is the client UI --- when you resize the window, it just zooms in/out the content...
Didn’t even notice the main UI could be resized 😀
I am dealing with other things I want fixed.

coolcfan

Feb 21, 2015
I can not guarantee that the main point will remain selling Check Point Harmony to be honest. It will definitely be on the portfolio but not only.
Just for user friendliness, it will be great to have direct access/view to the things on the portfolio from the homepage, like

- Product 1: Get Started (or Buy) | Learn More
- Product 2: Get Started | Learn More

And hopefully there's unmanaged DI which private users in any area can buy in the future.

Sandbox Breaker

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 6, 2022
Just for user friendliness, it will be great to have direct access/view to the things on the portfolio from the homepage, like

- Product 1: Get Started (or Buy) | Learn More
- Product 2: Get Started | Learn More

And hopefully there's unmanaged DI which private users in any area can buy in the future.
Product page ;)

Reactions: Trident

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.